× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Multi-gigabit port isn't working on my RAX200 router.

jx455
Follower

Multi-gigabit port isn't working on my RAX200 router.

The other day I picked up a brand new XB7 gateway from my ISP which has 1 orange 2.5 Gbps port on the back of it. I put the gateway into bridge mode and connected it to the Multi-Gig 2.5G/1G port on the back of the RAX200. I have another ethernet cable connected from the Yellow Internet port on the back of the router to my PC. However, I am only getting 1 Gbps speeds. Windows won't even detect that my speed is 2.5 Gbps when I check the status of my Ethernet adapter. What am I doing wrong? I already enabled the 2.5 G port in my routers settings and tried disabling the DHCP server as well, but I'm still only getting 1 Gbps. I can't get multi-gig speeds unless I remove the router completely and connect my PC directly to the modem. I thought the RAX 200 was a multi-gig capable router.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Multi-gigabit port isn't working on my RAX200 router.

The RAX200 is multigig capable. 

the problem is that it only has 1 multigig port. If you're using that to connect to the xb7, then there isn't any other multigig ports. You'd be limited to 1 gig speeds using a standard connection.

You can use lan port aggregation to get >1gig speeds but you'd need a NIC in your pc that supports it. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7