× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My WiFi Router

vijayeee87
Aspirant

My WiFi Router

After prolonged ISP side network issue or after night hours, the WiFi connection is not resuming. I checked the status of internet connection in Router it is good. But, the DHCP clients are not connected to internet. I had to reset the router and perform all the settings from the very beginning and then it works. But, cannot perform this kind of troubleshooting every or alternate days.

Can you please help me sort out the issue?

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: My WiFi Router

What router do you have? 

What firmware is on it? 

what modem/gateway is it connected to? 

Do all device have issues or just wireless?

Message 2 of 5

@vijayeee87 wrote:

I had to reset the router and perform all the settings from the very beginning and then it works. But, cannot perform this kind of troubleshooting every or alternate days.

You can shorten that process greatly by saving the configuration of your router along with all of those settings and the reloading it after you have reset the device.

You should do that even if the thing doesn't need these daily resets.

Message 3 of 5
vijayeee87
Aspirant

What router do you have?  - AX3000 WiFi Router (RAX40)

What firmware is on it? - Firmware Version V1.0.4.102_1.0.1

what modem/gateway is it connected to? - The router itself is configured as a modem to connect to ISP network (PPOE)

Do all device have issues or just wireless? - All the clients in the LAN are experiencing issues.

Message 4 of 5

@vijayeee87 wrote:

what modem/gateway is it connected to? - The router itself is configured as a modem to connect to ISP network (PPOE)

You will have to explain that. The RAX40 is not a modem. As a router it needs something between itself and the Internet to work.

This will usually be a cable modem, sometimes a DSL modem, or increasingly an Optical Network Terminator (ONT). (Let's not worry about exotic satellite systems at this stage.)

Anything else is likely to come out of a "hole in the wall" that has a router at the other end. If that is what you have, then your configuration will have to reflect that.

The PPPoE bit is something that you feed into the router to get the connection through the modem.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7