× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: My roomba vacuum cleaner and echo dot won't connect to new RAX45

BobMinn
Follower

My roomba vacuum cleaner and echo dot won't connect to new RAX45

I have set up my new router and 2 windows computers have connected successfully.  But my Roomba vacuum cleaner and Echo Dot won't connect.

Message 1 of 5
Razor512
Prodigy

Which router model are you using?

Also keep in mind that the current roombas as well as many IOT devices currently do not support WPA3 or mixed WPA3 and WPA2 modes.

Also on the 5GHz band, when realing with IOT devices, be sure you are not using using a DFS channel as your primary channel as active scanning is now allowed in the DFS frequency range, thus some IOT devices can end up with a lot of trouble connecting to them.

Beyond that, for the the newer roombas, be sure to check for firmware updates using the roomba app.

Message 2 of 5
ingld44
Aspirant

The stats are take through BlueIris. I use this software as my video recorder (NVR). All cameras run below BI page. They document 24/7 except for five in-house cams that best document sunrise to nightfall. No issues with bandwidth with the RBK52.

Message 3 of 5
Vberdersde
Aspirant

I am frustrated. My roomba vacuum cleaner and echo dot won't connect to my new RAX45. I followed the instructions, but nothing works. I don't know what to do! Can someone help me?

Model: CM232|Broadband Cable Modem
Message 4 of 5

@BobMinn wrote:

I have set up my new router and 2 windows computers have connected successfully.  But my Roomba vacuum cleaner and Echo Dot won't connect.

What does Roomba say? These things often come down to badly written apps from the people who sell these IoT devices. They don't work if the app is connected to a 5 GHz wifi network.

If you cannot force your mobile to connect to 2.4 GHz, one way around this is to

• temporarily disable the router's 5 GHz.
  • Tell the mobile to forget the 5 GHz SSID.
  • Give it a minute or two to forget the 5 GHz wifi connection
  • Connect to 2.4 GHz.
  • Do your thing with the IoT device
  • Enable the 5 GHz wifi
  • Complain to the people who made the IoT gadget

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements