× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream AX6000 WiFi

1961theo
Star

NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream AX6000 WiFi

why is it when i set my router in the Wifi Smart connect modus the signal is terrible ?

I bought this router in the hope that i had a good choise, but i wonder???

the internet is also spontanious unavailable sometimes?

Anybody better results with this router?

just curious

Thanx,

Theo.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
1961theo
Star

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream AX6000 WiFi

I use a MacBookPro , a Synology NAS 918+ Epson ET 2650 , Siemens oven😉, Samsung tv. IPhone, Ipad
Must say most of the times it works splendid. But combined with VPN in the Netgear Nighthawk AX 8 Router RAX80 it would be 👍🏼

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

can you give some more detail on when the internet does not work and what type of devices you are using.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
1961theo
Star

I use a MacBookPro , a Synology NAS 918+ Epson ET 2650 , Siemens oven😉, Samsung tv. IPhone, Ipad
Must say most of the times it works splendid. But combined with VPN in the Netgear Nighthawk AX 8 Router RAX80 it would be 👍🏼
Message 3 of 7

I am having the same problem! The speeds are not good all of a sudden? Its like it dropped way off! Kicks the internet off then back on? I turned off Smart Connect and Have the AX turned off going to try to turn both off. I think it needs a router firmware update. I was hoping this was going to be a really fast router. I hate to say it my linksys WRT1900AC makes this one look slow! I sure hope they can prove me wrong. Maybe I made a mistake buying this one. Netgear please figure out what is going on and please keep the updates on performance coming! Robot Sad

Model: RAX80| AX6000 - Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 4 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi captainjack58, 

We'd like to hear an update on the status of your issue when disabling smart connect and AX. 

~Christian 

Message 5 of 7
mike1389
Initiate

Having the exact same issues with this router as the first person described, random dopping of signal, dropping of speed, poor connection distance. The smart router setting makes everything even worse. I put in a ticket to resolve these issues about 3 weeks ago, nobody from tech support responded to me. Today I called in a talked with some one who had me reset my router and change the channel my 2.4 ghz signal was running on from Auto to channel 11. I told him I mostly use my 5ghz signal, he said oh its fine and this should resolve the issue, if not call back in a few days. Im no expert on the subject, but this "solution" has about a 0% chance of actually working. 

Model: RAX80| AX6000 - Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 6 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mike1389 - Would you be able to provide details to the questions @DarrenM asked earlier in the thread. 

~Christian 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7