× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NetGear NightHawk RAXE500 Need Help Please

00Maverick00
Aspirant

NetGear NightHawk RAXE500 Need Help Please

So a couple hours ago my WiFi 6E the 6G channel has started going out and it's only the 6g when it disconnects it auto switches to the 5g and I don't know what has caused it. everything else connection wise has been fine. Wired is good and the 2.4G and the 5G work but when I use the 6G it stays for about 7 mins then disconnects. note I've been using the 6g for awhile with no issues until now March 15th 2023. also there is no interference. and I don't know what else to do can some help or put in input if they have had this same issue what was the solution. I've contacted support but unfortunately can't afford their support charge and I'm down to this. Again it's only the 6ghz that's having the issue and nothing else is affected. I'm almost keen on doing a factory reset but I don't know if that would fix the issue and I haven't changed anything on the router and its updated to the latest firmware and haven't had any issues with it since today.
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
00Maverick00
Aspirant

Re: NetGear NightHawk RAXE500 Need Help Please

I think I got it fixed I did a few things to try and see if they worked. also I apologize I did have a update on my phone but that was at the beginning of this month. I forgot to mention it. but this issue only happened a few days ago. but i digress so far what I did was completely forget the network on my device and removed it from the router itself then reapplied the login into the network on "6G" and that has to to have worked. I wanted to thank everyone for there advice and input. have a good one.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 13

All Replies

@00Maverick00 wrote:
I'm almost keen on doing a factory reset but I don't know if that would fix the issue and I haven't changed anything on the router and its updated to the latest firmware and haven't had any issues with it since today.

Have you done a simple reboot of the router?

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The make and model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 13
00Maverick00
Aspirant

I'm sorry I forgot to mention under alot of stress from it my apologies. The version is v1.0.12.96. and I use frontier Fios using an upgraded ONT unit which is wired with Cat6 from ONT to the RAXE500. there is only Frontiers Line going to the ONT then a CAT6 Cable going from the ONT to the Router itself. as I said before the only issue I'm having is the WiFi 6E dropping connection just recently. everything else has been running normal. and it's the AXE11000 RAXE500 TRIBAND WIFI 6E ROUTER. and yes the router has a set of Lan ports on the back.
Message 3 of 13

@00Maverick00 wrote:
and yes the router has a set of Lan ports on the back.

I should have been clearer. That was a question about the modem/router in front of your RAXE500, not the router itself. In your case, ONTs don't usually come with any router function.

WiFi 6 has had issues with drivers on the Wifi Clients involved, especially on Windows. What are you using?

How many WiFi 6 clients are you using? Do they all show the same lost signal?

Message 4 of 13
00Maverick00
Aspirant

we have 2.4ghz 6 and 5ghz 6 then 6ghz 6E. my phone is the only device I connect to the WiFi 6ghz 6E band. and that's the one that's disconnecting the 2.4g and the 5g bands have been fine and have stayed connected. the wifi 6E 6g band is the only issue I'm having and all my other devices stay connected to the 2.4 and 5g just fine and most of my devices don't support the "6E" band they connect to the 2.4 and 5g 6 bands not the 6E. so in shorter terms I'm using my cellphone which is the only device I try to connect to the wifi 6g "6E" ssid and it just disconnects after a few minutes even while in the range of the router.
Message 5 of 13
00Maverick00
Aspirant

side note the phone I'm using is an s22 ultra that is capable of connecting to the 6E it's been fine for month no issues then out of nowhere it'll connect for a few minutes then disconnect and connect to the 5G band on the router.
Message 6 of 13
00Maverick00
Aspirant

and a text just tried to connect to the 6E band on my father's phone and it disconnected aswell and reconnected him back to the 5g band so it's only the 6E the 2.4 and 5g are just fine. and I checked how many wireless devices I have it's 8. and those devices are spread to only the 2.4 and 5g bands I'm the only one that uses 6E
Message 7 of 13
Kitsap
Master

@00Maverick00 wrote:
side note the phone I'm using is an s22 ultra that is capable of connecting to the 6E it's been fine for month no issues then out of nowhere it'll connect for a few minutes then disconnect and connect to the 5G band on the router.

Not necessarily out of nowhere.  Has there been any Samsung android updates on your phone in this time frame?  Have there been updates to any of the security or anti-virus applications installed on your phone?

Message 8 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

I would also disable any MAC Address Randomizer features on Android devices as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

Not needed while at home. 

What channels are being used on each radio? 

Does the router feel warm or overly warmer or hot on top. I recommend a laptop cooler fan under the router to keep the router cool 24/7. I keep a fan running on mine all the time. 

Message 9 of 13
00Maverick00
Aspirant

nothing is out of the usual on my cellphone and the router has ventilation its in a open environment no dust or build up of any sort. and I haven't changed any thing specific on the radios on the router for the channels they've been that way since I've bought it. it's been running fine everything seems normal I've tried unplugging the ethernet switch I have connected to the router and it's still drops the "6G" all device have update drivers and software updates. but again my phone constantly drops only the "6G" no devices are running it. I'm the only who actually connects to it I've tried reboots, I've tried power cycling. I've checked all cables and all connections all fine its literally the "6G" dropping and it's never done that before the only thing I can think of now is a factory reset.
Message 10 of 13
Kitsap
Master

@00Maverick00 wrote:
nothing is out of the usual on my cellphone and the router has ventilation its in a open environment no dust or build up of any sort. and I haven't changed any thing specific on the radios on the router for the channels they've been that way since I've bought it. it's been running fine everything seems normal I've tried unplugging the ethernet switch I have connected to the router and it's still drops the "6G" all device have update drivers and software updates. but again my phone constantly drops only the "6G" no devices are running it. I'm the only who actually connects to it I've tried reboots, I've tried power cycling. I've checked all cables and all connections all fine its literally the "6G" dropping and it's never done that before the only thing I can think of now is a factory reset.

I own a three year old S9 and there are application updates once or twice a week.  The last S9 operating system update was just over a month ago.  I find it difficult to believe there have been no updates on your S22 in the past month.  If that is the case, before you do a factory reset on your router I recommend you make certain all of your applications and your Android operating system on your phone are up to date.  Have you tried to forget the network on your phone and connect fresh by entering the password again?

Recommend you do a web search for "samsung s22 connecting to wifi 6e".  There are dozens of hits where owners have issues with the S22 connecting to and staying connected to the 6E Wi-Fi.

Blame the router if you want to.  In general, when a client device has problems connecting to or staying connected to Wi-Fi, the issues are with the client device (in this case your phone).

Message 11 of 13
00Maverick00
Aspirant

I think I got it fixed I did a few things to try and see if they worked. also I apologize I did have a update on my phone but that was at the beginning of this month. I forgot to mention it. but this issue only happened a few days ago. but i digress so far what I did was completely forget the network on my device and removed it from the router itself then reapplied the login into the network on "6G" and that has to to have worked. I wanted to thank everyone for there advice and input. have a good one.
Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7