× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear AX1800 Router

kadini
Aspirant

Netgear AX1800 Router

I am trying to configure the subject router behind an AT&T BGW320-505 gateway.

I have the pass thru mode set on the gateway and pointed to the MAC address for the AX1800.

The reason I am doing this is I am trying to configure a streaming device so its streams can be accessed thru the internet (similar to a slingbox).

I had this all working before AT&T replaced the old Pace 5286 gateway with the new BGW320-505. I am certain I configured the port forwarding correctly on the new gateway, but it's not working.

So I am hoping (praying) the AX1800 connected to the streaming device will allow me to fix all this.

It's all set up and seems to be working. My problem is the LAN addresses on the AX1800 are in the form of 10.0.0.X and the streaming device is 192.168.1.X, and it appears on the Netgear device list as such, even though the DHCP mode is enable (the streaming device has the option to enable DHCP or disable and be a static IP).

When I tried to set port forwarding on the AX1800 for the streaming device is says the

"IP address should be in the same subnet as the LAN IP address."

So, I am new to all of this. I don't know why my streaming device isn't accepting a 10.0.0.X IP from the AX1800. This lap top I am composing on, a firestick, and another device all accepted 10.0.0.X IP addresses.

I have the option to change the static IP on the streaming device to 10.0.0.X, but if I do that and it doesn't work I'll have to rest the device to factory default to access it again (a pain).

It looks like I can change the LAN IP address to a 192.168.1.X format on the AX1800, but I didn't see the default gateway in that tool or screen.

Will if mess anything up if I change the  LAN IP on the AX1800? Any chance this conflicts with the gateway IP addresses?

Hope this is clear. Appreciate any help.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear AX1800 Router

Change the streaming device to match what the NG router is using. Try Dynamic configuration or a reset on the device while connected to the NG router.

Reason that the NG router is using 10.something is that the new ISP modes is using 192.168.1.1 which by default the NG router uses, however if the NG router detects the upstream modem or router is already using .1.1, the NG router will auto change to 10.something.

Contact the mfr of the streaming device for additional help and information regarding there product. 

Message 2 of 5
kadini
Aspirant

OK, thanks for the input.

The current streaming device IPs are

I would change them to

10.0.0.10 (right now we're up to 4)

Basically, I guess the real question is does the subnet mask change?

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

No keep same SNM. 

Message 4 of 5
kadini
Aspirant

And the DNS1 8.8.8.8 & DNS2 8.8.4.4 stay the same also?

Sorry, just being cautious.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7