× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Armor And Bitdefender Subscription Overlap

Netgear Armor And Bitdefender Subscription Overlap

I have been a long time subscriber of Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac and my RAX120 router is now offering a Bitdefender Armor subscription through the router in which Bitdefender Total Security comes for couple of devices. However when I called and asked bitdefender to add my current subscription days to the armor subscription, their answer was just uninstall your current bitdefender antivirus for mac and use the total security comes with the armor subscription.
It will clearly make me lose my current subscription days and they don’t care if I will lose the money I paid to them.
Netgear and/or bitdefender must do something about the current bitdefender subscribers who also want to subscribe to Armor through the router.
It is purely losing money spent on protection.
Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mesencephalon, 

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I can have it forwarded to our product teams for consideration. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 4

Hi Christian,

I received an email from the Bitdefender support yesterday since they excalated my case to an upper level of support.

They offered me 3 months extension on Armor subscription, if I purchase armor and activate it. I did it and they will extend it.

However I lost my 160 days of my current subscription and 90 days extension just covered a part of it.

Message 3 of 4
JMDAZ
Aspirant

I too use bitdefender before armor.  After contacting bitdefender, you would need to cancel the pc version and use the armor version.  they cannot transfer or credit between different versions.  I am currently frustrated with the Armor version as it is requiring those who I have given the link to use my negear account to activate and update the software.  I do not want to give everyone my netgear account.  While it is mostly family, I still would rather they have their own accounts and manage updates independently.  There does not appear to be a process through the armor installation to manage from the router or even allow each person to setup their own accounts.  Something to keep in mind when evaluating your purchase.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7