× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Nighthawk RAX40 stops sending beacon when TP-LINK HS100 is turned on

Chimpus21
Tutor

Netgear Nighthawk RAX40 stops sending beacon when TP-LINK HS100 is turned on

Hi,

I have been trying to setup my TP-LINK HS100 Smart Wi-Fi plugs and each time I plug these into power my Netgear Nighthawk AX4-RAX40 Wi-Fi seems to drop and not recover until I remove the smart plugs from power. I have spoken to TP-Link support and they advised: "we have done a test with a Netgear Nighthawk AX4-RAX40 and HS100, according to the test result, when the HS100 connects to the RAX40 router, the router is unable to send beacon thus all other devices disconnect to the router, this problem related to the Netgear router settings either, it's suggested to contact the Netgear support to check the settings on the router".

Does anyone have advised on what settings I should be adjusting in order to resolve this? Anyone experienced simliar issues?

Thanks!

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
ZacharyZSun
Guide

Re: Netgear Nighthawk RAX40 stops sending beacon when TP-LINK HS100 is turned on

I have the same issue with TPlink hs103! The tplink team gives me the same response. And I have a support ticket open with Netgear. And they have not been very helpful so far. Also the RAX35 causes trouble with my surface pro 4 as well...
Message 2 of 5
Chimpus21
Tutor

Hi ZacharyZSun,

I can't logde a ticket with Netgear as my "complimentary technical support" expired in Feb, so do you mind posting if you get a resolution? I am going to play around with few settings on the router and if I get it working I'll make sure to post instructions here.

I haven't had much issues with other devices except when I turned on "airtime fairness" and when my old tablet connected the entire Wi-Fi network would grind to a halt and be unusable, so I quickly turned that back off. 

The TP-LINK support person said they would be happy to co-operate with Netgear to help find a resolution if needed. 

Message 3 of 5
ZacharyZSun
Guide

Hi Chimpus21, 

My support literally ends this week but I guess since my ticket is still open I can still communicate with them. So yes, if I have a solution, I will post it here. My airtime fairness is always off on my router... I got the same response from TP-Link as well and I have let the Netgear support knows TP-Link is willing to connect with them if needed. But they are pretty slow in responding... 

Message 4 of 5
Chimpus21
Tutor

Thanks ZacharyZSun, hopefully we can get a resolution soon!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7