× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk 6700v3 not achieving GB speeds

Styger
Follower

Nighthawk 6700v3 not achieving GB speeds

As the title suggests - just upgraded to a Gigabit internet package, and began to run some tests this morning. On the wifi analytics app, I was able to achieve 866 Mbps around the apartment, which is great. However, I ran some tests on my wifi enabled desktop (MSI x570 Tomahawk Wifi motherboard), and I'm only achieving 180-200 Mbps.

Went into QoS and WMM is enabled, so unsure as to what's causing such a staggering difference in performance.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk 6700v3 not achieving GB speeds

A couple things. 

1. the R6700 isn't going to hit gigabit speeds over wifi. There's a lot of misunderstanding about wifi speeds and what is capable. 

i'd take a read through this artilce for more info on realistic expectations on wifi. Understand Wi-Fi 4/5/6/6E (802.11 n/ac/ax) (duckware.com)

2. that 866mbps that you're getting? I'm betting thats link speed and not actual throughput speed. 

3. depending on what wifi chip you have in your motherboard 180-200mbps might be pretty good. tough to know without more info on what wireless card is in there. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7