× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AX5 5-Stream AX4200 WiFi Router (RAX43) - Download Speed Issue

Nanny22
Follower

Nighthawk AX5 5-Stream AX4200 WiFi Router (RAX43) - Download Speed Issue

Hi,

I have just recently upgraded to a new internet plan and was not getting the advertised speeds. On testing wired directly to the modem i was getting 700mbps download speed but wired into the router i was only getting 300 and through the wifi 150. The other strange thing is that the upload speeds are consistent across all 3.

I have been on the phone to the ISP for support for over an hour, after updating the firmware and testing all other variables it seems its an issue with the router.

Its also very disappointing Netgear do not offer support service on a product that i purchased less than 12 months ago.

Hopefuilly you guys can help.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AX5 5-Stream AX4200 WiFi Router (RAX43) - Download Speed Issue

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk RAX WiFi 6 Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH router products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AX5 5-Stream AX4200 WiFi Router (RAX43) - Download Speed Issue

If you just upgraded the speeds, I'd try factory resetting the router. Maybe an old qos setting is causing issues. 

During the install process, leave qos, access control, traffic monitoring, and parental controls all disabled. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7