× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk AX5 RAX30 and Optus Ultra WiFi Booster

amona121
Follower

Nighthawk AX5 RAX30 and Optus Ultra WiFi Booster

I've just changed from Optus to Dodo and I have kept the Optus Ultra WiFi Booster. I want to install linux on a late 2014 Mac mini but linux doesn't have the required drivers for wireless access. I don't have access to ethernet as its in another section of my house. That's why I need to get the wifi booster working so I can plug an ethernet cable in and access the web. It worked great with Optus modem. Is there some settings I can use to enable the Nighthawk AX5 RAX30 to connect with the Optus Ultra WiFi Booster? I don't really want to buy another booster/extender if I can get away with the Optus one? I've tried the reset etc but no luck. Any help greatly appreceated.

Message 1 of 5
julunyeti
Aspirant

Nighthawk AX5 RAX30 and Optus Ultra WiFi Booster

I've just changed from Optus to Dodo and I have kept the Optus Ultra WiFi Booster. I want to install linux on a late 2014 Mac mini but linux doesn't have the required drivers for wireless access. I don't have access to ethernet as its in another section of my house. That's why I need to get the wifi booster working so I can plug an ethernet cable in and access the web. It worked great with Optus modem. Is there some settings I can use to enable the Nighthawk AX5 RAX30 to connect with the Optus Ultra WiFi Booster? I don't really want to buy another booster/extender if I can get away with the Optus one? I've tried the reset etc but no luck. Any help greatly appreceated.

Message 2 of 5

@julunyeti wrote:

Is there some settings I can use to enable the Nighthawk AX5 RAX30 to connect with the Optus Ultra WiFi Booster?

If your problem is with the Optus Ultra WiFi Booster. I'd start at that end. Netgear can't help you with that.

It might help if you told people what the rest of the network looks like. What is the modem/gateway/ONT that connects you to the Internet?

What is the layout of your network:

Modem >>> RAX30 >>> Optus?

How are you connecting the RAX30 to the Optus? Wired or wifi?

Is there some settings I can use to enable the Nighthawk AX5 RAX30 to connect with the Optus Ultra WiFi Booster?

Have you looked in the manual for details on "bridge mode"?

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual

Enable bridge mode

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Like @michaelkenward says, the optus is the issue. Its designed to only work with the optus modem/router. Just like how Netgear's orbi satellites (for the most part) only work with orbi routers. 

Message 4 of 5

@plemans wrote:

Like @michaelkenward says, the optus is the issue. Its designed to only work with the optus modem/router.

If that is the case, if @julunyeti still has the Optus modem, would it work to use that as an access point as a link to the extender?

But that takes us back to the original point, it ain't down to Netgear's router to work with an Optus device.  Go ask them for help in how to get their hardware to work with the Netgear router.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7