× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AX6600 not connecting to internet after extensive ISP outage

plwj
Tutor

Nighthawk AX6600 not connecting to internet after extensive ISP outage

After our ISP (Home Telecom) had an extensive outage this week our AX6600 will not connect to the internet.

The ISP has had many customers back online but not us; still down.

Is there anything I can try on my end to fix this issue or must I just wait on the ISP?

I was not able to find the AX6600 on the Nighthawk app. Is that because I am offline?

Thanks for your reply!

Message 1 of 5
Kitsap
Master

Re: Nighthawk AX6600 not connecting to internet after extensive ISP outage

@plwj wrote:

After our ISP (Home Telecom) had an extensive outage this week our AX6600 will not connect to the internet.

Is there anything I can try on my end to fix this issue or must I just wait on the ISP?

I was not able to find the AX6600 on the Nighthawk app. Is that because I am offline?

Thanks for your reply!

Need to know the model number of your router.  The AX6600 is a speed label for marketing.  Look on the label on the back of your device.  Most likely begins with an R.....

What is the brand name and model number of the modem/gateway/ONT that is connected upstream of your router?  Look on the label.

For configuration, do you have a device you can connect to your router with an Ethernet cable?  The mobile applications are less than satisfactory for this task.

Message 2 of 5

@plwj wrote:

As this is a router, there is probably a modem sitting in front of it.

Power cuts usually take out both the modem and the router on a network. When the power comes back on, they may start up in the wrong order, with the router starting before the modem is ready.

It may help to reboot the whole network in the right order:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 3 of 5
plwj
Tutor

Thanks!

I’m back up now!
Message 4 of 5

@plwj wrote:
Thanks!

I’m back up now!

That's good.

If you can Accept as Solution the advice that worked for you, or explain what you did instead, that could help anyone who turns up later with the same problem.

While you are at it, save a backup copy of your current configuration for future use when you hit another problem.

How do I back up the router configuration settings on my Nighthawk router? | Answer | NETGEAR Suppor...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7