× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AX8 QoS

Shodog
Follower

Nighthawk AX8 QoS

Why can't I turn on QoS with my Nighthawk AX8? My Spectir, download speed is 400 and my upload is 20, but using a PC's Netgear AC1900 USB wifi adapater, I"m only geting 120 download? How do I turn on QoS to check speed difference?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AX8 QoS

@Shodog wrote:

Why can't I turn on QoS with my Nighthawk AX8? My Spectir-------Which model is it?, download speed is 400 and my upload is 20, but using a PC's Netgear AC1900 USB wifi adapater, I"m only geting 120 download? How do I turn on QoS to check speed difference?

I'm a bit confused. You put you have a spectir (which is?) then going to the AX8, then connecting with a wireless usb adapter? Is this correct?

what modem spectir?

Firmware on your AX8?

What USB adapter are you using?

Are you testing over 2.4ghz or 5ghz?

device you're testing on?

checking speed differences is best done over a hardwired connection. To many factors can influence wireless speeds including wireless interference, home materials, home size, the device testing with, wireless band testing on,  etc.  Wireless speeds are a good indicator and great for optimizing but so many things influence them that you need to focus on your hardwired speeds first. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7