× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AX8 to Bridge R7000

ndmick
Aspirant

Nighthawk AX8 to Bridge R7000

Have a metal workshop 80 feet from house that has cat5e wire to it.No wifi.Can I set my R7000 in bridge and connect to new Nighthawk AX8.Will this work?

Message 1 of 3

Re: Nighthawk AX8 to Bridge R7000

@ndmick wrote:

Have a metal workshop 80 feet from house that has cat5e wire to it.No wifi.Can I set my R7000 in bridge and connect to new Nighthawk AX8.Will this work?

Does this mean that you want to use the R7000 as a wifi repeater, picking up the wifi from the AX8, whatever that is, and broadcasting in the workshop?

I ask because "bridge" can mean one of several things in network terminology.

There is support material, including a manual, for the R7000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> R7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

See the section Set Up the Router in Bridge Mode. With luck this will not bne a feature that was removed in a later firmare update.

Message 2 of 3
ndmick
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk AX8 to Bridge R7000

Yes .I was planning on buying new router ,wifi 6, running cat5e from back of it to the R7000 set up as bridge (I think it's called)so it would be like a repeater.Or would it be better to just buy a repeater.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7