× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX35 Attached Devices

AddisonGeek
Aspirant

Nighthawk RAX35 Attached Devices

The router is actually the RAX35, which isn't on the Model List, and it is on the administration page in my browser. 

I have Firmware Version V1.0.4.102_1.0.1 installed on the router, and the attached device list page takes 2 or more tries to successfully edit the entry.  There are also times when it takes a while to update the list of attached devices, even when forcing a refresh.  Will these issues be addressed in a future firmware update?

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk RAX35 Attached Devices

What browser are you using? Happens in other browsers?

Message 2 of 4
AddisonGeek
Aspirant

I have seen the same behavior in Opera and Firefox - I don't use Chrome.  This morning, it also took multiple attempt to block some phantom wired devices, for which there were no hits on the MAC addresses in a search.

Edge actually locked up on my attempts to block those, which is why I used the other two browsers.  Also, when I look at the Attached Devices screen and click on the Access Control link there, that screen doesn't load.  I have to go to Security ->Access Control to view the page, and then it takes a while to load.

Message 3 of 4
AddisonGeek
Aspirant

I just updated the firmware to V1.0.5.104_1.0.1, which took 2 downloads and 2 attempts to get it to work.  On the first attempt, I was afraid the router had bricked, as the power light stayed red.  Turning the power off, removing the power cord, holding in the power button, then plugging in the power cord brought it back to working order, although the firmware was still V1.0.4.  The 2nd attempt, I had unzipped the firmware to a different folder, and it worked.

The link to "attached devices" works now, although there is a bug in that list.  My Galaxy S21 shows as being connected to both the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz, when I have it on the 5GHz band.  Refreshing the list does nothing to clear the other entry.  Does anyone have an idea as to why this is so?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7