× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk RAX35

Jcundiff52
Follower

Nighthawk RAX35

Long story short the router worked fine, found a short in the power cord, got a new power cord and now the router will not connect to my modem. I have reset both multiple times. The router LEDs say that its connected to the modem and all is lit up green. In the wifi settings it shows that it has good signal, but whenever I go to connect a device it says its not connected. I can connect to my modem and get internet no problem so the problem isnt my modem internet. Ive tried to reset the router and still having no luck getting it to connect to my internet. Any tips?

Message 1 of 2
Kitsap
Master

Re: Nighthawk RAX35

@Jcundiff52 wrote:

Long story short the router worked fine, found a short in the power cord, got a new power cord and now the router will not connect to my modem. I have reset both multiple times. The router LEDs say that its connected to the modem and all is lit up green. In the wifi settings it shows that it has good signal, but whenever I go to connect a device it says its not connected. I can connect to my modem and get internet no problem so the problem isnt my modem internet. Ive tried to reset the router and still having no luck getting it to connect to my internet. Any tips?

It would be helpful if your shared the brand name and model number of the modem/gateway that is connected upstream of your RAX35.

You can start off by powering down and pulling the power cord and Ethernet cord from your modem/gateway.  Then power down and pull the power cord from your RAX35.

Wait a minute then power up the modem/gateway and give it ample time to boot and stabilize.  One of the last indicators to illuminate should be the one for internet.  Connect the Ethernet cord to your RAX5 and power it up.  Give it plenty of time to boot and stabilize.  One of the last indicators to illuminate should be the one for internet.

Test on the RAX35 for internet connection via Wi-Fi and Ethernet if possible.  If still no internet, the next option is to disconnect the RAX35 and connect direct to the modem/gateway with a computer and Ethernet cable to test for internet.  Power down your modem/gateway and your computer.  Power up the modem/gateway and give it plenty of time to boot and stabilize.  Connect your computer with an Ethernet cable and power it up.  Give it a few minutes to stabilize and your computer should have access to the internet.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7