× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk RAX70 does not sync time after restart/reboot.

SteveMat72
Aspirant

Nighthawk RAX70 does not sync time after restart/reboot.

If I reboot/restart (or simply unplug and replug) my RAX70, when it comes backup, it always has the incorrect time. At first I thought was maybe that the Netgear NTP server was flaky so I tried one of the public NTP servers, does not matter.

To get the correct time, I have to login to the admin page, navigate to NTP Settings and simply hit the "Apply" button. I do not need to change anything, just simply hitting the Apply button causes it to sync.

Anyone else notice this? Normally I suppose time doesn't matter on the router, but, I have a report emailed to me at 8AM from the router, so I can always tell when the router has rebooted/restarted because I get the report in the afternoon.

After Rebooting RouterAfter Rebooting RouterAfter hitting the "Apply" button (no changes made)After hitting the "Apply" button (no changes made)

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello SteveMat72,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
SteveMat72
Aspirant

Unfortunatly, I am beyond my 90 days.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7