× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX75 open NAT type multiple xbox's

AKpulse
Follower

Nighthawk RAX75 open NAT type multiple xbox's

I just recently purchased the Netgear Nighthawk RAX75 - AX8 8-stream ax5700. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to set this one up for multiple consoles but like every Nighthawk I have delt with in the past, one of my xbox's (2 total) came up with a moderate NAT type in COD Modern Warefare (and Warzone of course). I do have a third xbox but I use it for streaming so I could care less about the NAT type. Unfortunately, I can not get them open. Here are the things I have tried:

1) Port Forwarding. 

I tried to forward the COD ports (53,80, 3074,, 53,88,500,3074,3075,3544,4500) to one xbox, but with two xbox's, this didn't work. Not sure if port forwarding even works with two xboxs. I also set up static IP's for each console. and disabled UPNP to ensure the ports didn't change for whatever reason.

(Reset router settings before I tried something new)

2) UPNP

The router comes with UPNP on, so that doesn't work by itself. I also changed the NAT Type in the router to open and still nothing.

I really hoped that UPnP would work, but it doesn't make any difference.

Things I haven't tried:

DMZ server (prefer not to)

Port triggering 

Firmware update or change to older firmware.

I am willing to do anything over again or something new to get my NAT type open. Like most people, I don't understand how this is still a problem, especially with Netgear.

Thank you for any advise!

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk RAX75 open NAT type multiple xbox's

Hi AKpulse, 

If you recently purchased the device, I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7