× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX80 - Attached Devices list (not updating/refreshing)

georgeachang
Aspirant

Nighthawk RAX80 - Attached Devices list (not updating/refreshing)

Hello,

Current FW: V1.0.3.88_1.0.41

I realize this topic may have been addressed on other models but I haven't found a direct answer towards the issue reported originally by others which is the Attached Devices list not displaying the correct devices currently active, I've been searching all over to clear the IP that no longer is in use but have not found a way to do so.

Essentially, the "attached devices list" will populate showing the devices that is allowed in the network but once they are no longer present those IP addresses should be released, is there a lease management section that the router controls automatically ? 

Would appreciate any recommendations or workarounds if any..

Thank you

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 13
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk RAX80 - Attached Devices list (not updating/refreshing)

Hello georgeachang, 

May you perform a factory reset on your router and run through the setup assistant again.

Christian 

Message 2 of 13
georgeachang
Aspirant

Since your last reply , I was just able to perform the factory reset on my router and completed my LAN configuration last night (06/14), I'll post if i notice the issue is no longer present.

Thank you

Message 3 of 13
MacauBBS
Star

factory reset Can't solve the problem

After a few days The problem is still

I actually have 20 devices, but it shows 40 or more

Message 4 of 13
georgeachang
Aspirant

Just noticed as well, it didn’t correct nor improved, as a matter of fact also seeing inconsistencies on some of my devices where they been placed erroneously in their categories based on connection , for example I have two devices that are wireless and they are registered as wired , the rest of devices in my list are where they should be and others should of have been cleared as they no longer exist. Thank you
Message 5 of 13
lplarry
Tutor

I had the same problem with this update. Nothing fixed it so I am back to the previous version.

Message 6 of 13
xjn
Apprentice
Apprentice

@lplarry wrote:

I had the same problem with this update. Nothing fixed it so I am back to the previous version.

It has been somewhat broken since February 2019... sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Only thing that helps is reserving static IP for every device on your network from LAN settings page.

I still see devices identified incorrectly or QoS priority level changing at random after being set manually. Have to constantly micromanage it unfortunately since many bugs and that automatic settings don't work properly.

Message 7 of 13
raulv
Aspirant

i have the same problem ; my RAX80 has the Firmware Version V1.0.3.98_1.0.46 ; i think this problem appeared with Firmware Version 1.0.3.88  .

the only time the attached devices list is working properly is after you reboot the router ; after that it will only show forever the devices registered after the reboot.

I hope Netgear will solve this problem ASAP ; RAX80 is not a cheap product and from my pov it shouldn't have this kind of problems!

Message 8 of 13
georgeachang
Aspirant

Couldn't agree with you more... adding to that frustration, lately I've been noticing my home network kind of freezing, I mostly detect this on my phone, i loose connectiviy to the nighthawk app meaning can't connect to the router, I would then hard reset my phone to see if that solves the issue but it doesn't.. the only way to recover management is powering off/on my router, bottom line I've not been able to pinpoint what is causing these disconnects... my router is on a top floor on a cabinet and open space so there is no physical interference, all I know I never had these cutoffs with cheaper devices...

I am really hopeful that my product meets the expectations for what it was designed for and deliver that performance.

Thank you

Message 9 of 13
WN_143
Guide

I'm having the exact same issues.

Running firmware V1.0.3.102_1.0.48.

Needs a full reboot to correctly update the connected devices and then it doesn't update the connected devices (until next reboot).

Message 10 of 13
kirkdiesel66
Aspirant

I have the same problem. Firmware Version, V1.0.3.102_1.0.48

@netgear 

1. Stop telling people to factory reset their devices to fix issues caused by updates. I have 10 smart plugs in my house. It is a 4 hour event to go through and set those back up, put them back on timers, etc. My RAX80 worked fine until it updated over the weekend and then BOOM, the connected device listing stopped populating, everyone was kicked off despite power cycling. I resolved the issue by turning on smart connect and then turning on smart connect then turning it back off (combing then networks then undoing it).  Still not refreshing the connected devices, and experiencing latency on Amazon devices. 

2. This a $400 router. Why are so many people posting about these problems? Most novices with technology are not purchasing this product. It CLEARLY can not be a customer issue. 

3. Again $400 router. Why does it keep asking me to subscribe to additional security software EVERY damn time I login. If your router isn't secure or you haven't put in the required controls, then advertise that and see how many people buy this product. 

4. Last, how do I fix the problem mentioned in question one?

Message 11 of 13
daemonguy
Aspirant

I am also having this problem and see that it has not been answered previously.   I am further dismayed to see it has been ongoing for some time without a response. 

Message 12 of 13
KGomez
Aspirant

I am just an end-user, but I have multiple, personal networks. One includes the RAX80, which I tried after using (and continuing to use) several R9000's. I have experienced the same issues as others in this forum with "attached Devices" disappearing or listed incorrectly, after a period of time. Seems like if you run the router on the firmware that it came with "out of the box", most, but not all features work OK. Hence, I have stayed with version V1.0.1.34_1.0.19. Everytime I try an upgrade, I have issues with "Attached Devices". Speed Test, however, doesn't work for me on this version, so I live without it. I also had issues with the router locking up and needing a re-boot like many of you experienced. Although I paid a lot for the router and would love to see Netgear resolve the bugs in the Firmware, I took a low-tech approach and used a plug in timer that shuts down the router every night at 2:00am, when no one is using it. This acts as a daily reboot of my $400. plus router. Hate doing it and would love to see Netgear resolve the issues, but it is my temporary fix! 

By the way, the R9000 is a good router, but it also has issues with the "Attached Devices" function, as well, when you upgrade the Firmware. Hence, all my R9000's run on the Firmware it came with "out of the box". Otherwise, I lose my Device list and cannot manage my network, as I like to do. A shame for Netgear, which I always felt had a great reputation.

To date, I have spent over $3,000. on Netgear routers and satellites. Hoping to see a resolution to these LONG RUNNING, known issues, before I spend more.

Message 13 of 13
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7