× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX80 WiFi Password Incorrect

necrocis
Guide

Nighthawk RAX80 WiFi Password Incorrect

I have the same issue w/ V1.0.1.40_1.0.22 as w/ the previous firmware. I'm using my own 2.4GHz and 5GHz passwords, not the factory defaults. Every so often I have to have re-apply my passwords as I lose the ability on both wireless networks to login. The only fix is to re-apply the passwords via a wired connection, states the same passwords though and shows they haven't changed? Still shows both networks broadcasting too, like it loses what the passwords I set both wireless networks to. 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
myersw
Master

Re: Nighthawk RAX80 WiFi Password Incorrect

Stick to alphanumeric for passwords and you should not have issues. Yes I know the standard says some special characters also will work, but in my experience not all clients will accept them. So don't try to be cute with the passwords and life will be easier. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Do you have any special characters in the passwords?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
necrocis
Guide

Yes, both passwords are different and have special characters for complexity.
Message 3 of 6
Richard1864
Luminary

Get rid of the special characters. Those are known to cause issues on Netgear routers.
Message 4 of 6
myersw
Master

Stick to alphanumeric for passwords and you should not have issues. Yes I know the standard says some special characters also will work, but in my experience not all clients will accept them. So don't try to be cute with the passwords and life will be easier. 

Message 5 of 6
necrocis
Guide

Thanks, used an "easier" password and no problems since. Just wanted to be sure it was working before I replied. Thanks!
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7