× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAXE290 I had my 2.4Ghz camera's working until I rebooted the router, will not work

AdamGhech
Aspirant

Nighthawk RAXE290 I had my 2.4Ghz camera's working until I rebooted the router, will not work

I had my 2.4Ghz camera's working until I rebooted the router, now the smart Nighthawk router keeps trying to set them up with 5Ghz

All devices in the house that use 2.4 will not work now, including the camera's

How do I fix this?

I turned off the 5Ghz but that did not do it.

Thank you in advance for any help

Adam

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk RAXE290 I had my 2.4Ghz camera's working until I rebooted the router, will not work

The router doesn't "set them up with 5ghz". It has both 2.4ghz and 5ghz and the device (lights/phone/tablet/etc) are what decide to switch between the 2 networks. 

What modem/gateway is the router connected to? 

Are you using wpa2? try it if not. 

Message 2 of 4
AdamGhech
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk RAXE290 I had my 2.4Ghz camera's working until I rebooted the router, will not work

Thank you for the reply

It's a Netgear Modem, I can't remember the model, I'll have to look tomorrow, I just wanted to make this reply tonight.

Yes on WPA2

It's just funny that all was working when I first put this Router in, ( 2 months ago) We had 1 computer wired to it that lost the connection for some reason. I rebooted the Router, ( that brought the computer back on) that's when we lost all the 2.4 camera's and a few other 2.4 stuff.

I put the old Router ( Netgear R 8000) in as an AP and we have everything back working.

Adam

Message 3 of 4

The RAXE290 uses "Smart Connect" technology, with both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-fi on the same SSID.

As @plemans says, the Wi-Fi clients are in charge of the connection.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7