× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X6 AC2200 EX7700 no internet connection via wifi

jkiedrowski
Aspirant

Nighthawk X6 AC2200 EX7700 no internet connection via wifi

I am no longer getting wifi connection with my EX7700. Currently I have four Nighthawk X6 AC2200 model EX 7700. I purchased them in March 2020.  They worked wonderfully in my old house that has plaster lath/cement walls. The other day, the wifi stopped working (no internet connection). I pressed the reset button, then followed the same process (e.g., connect cable, press WPS etc). Basically, I am following the set up as if they were first installed. To reset the devices, I placed the EX7700 in very close proximity to the router. I could not connect to the units by wifi to access the firmware updates.

My router is working fine. I moved the connection for the EX7700 to other outlets on my router and they work. When I connect the ex7700 by cable to my laptop, I am able to go in and do firmware updates etc. I am still unable to get wifi connection. I remove the wifi connection from my phone/laptops and reset them and still unable to get wifi connection.

I repeated this process with all my units and I am having the same problem.

There was a recent firmware update for these devices. However, the wifi was not working before I installed the firmware updates.   I figured the firmware was required to fix the wifi connection. but still no wifi connection. Could the wifi capacity on all four EX7700 be fried?

I have been considering Netgear Orbi RBKE963 WiFi 6E Mesh System, but once bitten  twice shy.

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk X6 AC2200 EX7700 no internet connection via wifi

All of them quit at the same time? 

What router are they connected to? 

What actual firmware version are you on?

Did you try installing them using the installation assistant and NOT wps? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk X6 AC2200 EX7700 no internet connection via wifi

All of them quit at the same time? 

What router are they connected to? 

What actual firmware version are you on?

Did you try installing them using the installation assistant and NOT wps? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7