× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk router

droshio
Follower

Nighthawk router

I am having problems getting now that I have switched routers and none of my web site addresses I saved will load.  They keep telling me something about security problems and people stealing my info.  Something about a certificate comes up and that I am not on a private something?  What are they talking about and how do I correct it?  It sucks being 75 years old and not knowing a blasted thing about this stuff.

Message 1 of 2
Kitsap
Master

Re: Nighthawk router

@droshio wrote:

I am having problems getting now that I have switched routers and none of my web site addresses I saved will load.  They keep telling me something about security problems and people stealing my info.  Something about a certificate comes up and that I am not on a private something?  What are they talking about and how do I correct it?  It sucks being 75 years old and not knowing a blasted thing about this stuff.

Probably nothing too difficult to resolve.  With a new router comes a new network.  There is a chance the settings in your computer need to be adjusted.  Some basic information would be very helpful. 

What is the model number of your router?  Please look on the label.

Are you running a Windows computer?  If yes, what version 10 or 11?

How are you connecting your computer to the router, via Wi-Fi or via an Ethernet cable?

Is there a modem connected upstream of the router?  What brand and model number?

What web browser are you using?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7