× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Betreff: No trace of Wifi6 networks on Nighthawk RAXE500

tonydi
Luminary

Re: No trace of Wifi6 networks on Nighthawk RAXE500

See ya, Harry!

Me, I'll stick with the RAXE500, the best router I've ever used and Wifi speeds that are hard to beat.

Message 76 of 111
HarrySmooth
Tutor

Re: No trace of Wifi6 networks on Nighthawk RAXE500

I Hear ya Brother! 

Message 77 of 111
Kolich69
Aspirant

Hello to all.

I have win11(latest with all updates)

Intel Killer 6E AX1675x(based on the chip intel AX210) with latest drivers from intel web-site

my laptop clevo x170KM-G with latest bios

router raxe-500 with latest stable firmware

I see JUST 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ networks, what the problem and how to solve im really do not know, wasting time within few weeks....(((((

Anybody who can help me? Thank you.

Message 78 of 111
Kolich69
Aspirant

i mean i do not see wifi network 6GHZ ((((

Message 79 of 111
tonydi
Luminary

If you go into the Web UI for the router and click the Advanced tab, then click Advanced Setup and Wireless Settings and then scroll down to Wireless Advanced Settings (6GHz a/n/ac/ax) is the 6GHz Enable Wireless Router Radio checked? 

At one point that setting became disabled for some reason and I never though to look there.

If it's enabled, have you tried doing a factory reset on the RAXE500?

Message 80 of 111
Kolich69
Aspirant

All networks Enabled.

I takes 1000 times factory reset, but this doesnt work(((( i really so tired(((

Message 81 of 111
tonydi
Luminary

Do you have some variation of the Killer Control Panel installed?  I've seen a lot of odd stuff with other routers and gateways because of setting in there.  In fact, I now only use the actual drivers for any "Killer" card and avoid all of the other junk.

The other issue is that the card you have isn't exactly the same as the AX210 card that most of the rest of us are using.  Since your card uses a completely different driver bundle it's hard to say if that's the problem or not. 

Message 82 of 111
FURRYe38
Guru

I can see the 6Ghz SSID from my RAXE500 with a Intel AX210 PCI card all day long. Old and new FW. Problem is that it won't connect with WPA3 enabled on this router, while same care CAN connect to a different model NG router with WPA3 enabled. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/RAXE500-Beta-FW-v1-0-9-72-is-avail...

Message 83 of 111
Kolich69
Aspirant

@tonydi wrote:

Do you have some variation of the Killer Control Panel installed?  I've seen a lot of odd stuff with other routers and gateways because of setting in there.  In fact, I now only use the actual drivers for any "Killer" card and avoid all of the other junk.

The other issue is that the card you have isn't exactly the same as the AX210 card that most of the rest of us are using.  Since your card uses a completely different driver bundle it's hard to say if that's the problem or not. 

i think chipset are same, just drivers different or may be something else......

yes i have installed killer control center, because without control center killer not a killer 🙂

Message 84 of 111
Kolich69
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I can see the 6Ghz SSID from my RAXE500 with a Intel AX210 PCI card all day long. Old and new FW. Problem is that it won't connect with WPA3 enabled on this router, while same care CAN connect to a different model NG router with WPA3 enabled. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/RAXE500-Beta-FW-v1-0-9-72-is-avail...

i dont see 6ghz network with wpa or open(((((( yes i already installed this beta version of firmware....

Message 85 of 111
tonydi
Luminary

I'd look through the control center and see if anything related to 6GHz pops up.

And during the early days of the RAXE500, lots of people with AX210 (not AX1675x) cards found that their particular cards didn't work on 6GHz.  We chalked that up to there being only non-Intel vendors selling it and some were thought to playing fast and loose with the internals and slapping the AX210 sticker on them.  So it wouldn't surprise me if there were issues with AX1675x cards too.

Message 86 of 111
Kolich69
Aspirant

@tonydi wrote:

I'd look through the control center and see if anything related to 6GHz pops up.

And during the early days of the RAXE500, lots of people with AX210 (not AX1675x) cards found that their particular cards didn't work on 6GHz.  We chalked that up to there being only non-Intel vendors selling it and some were thought to playing fast and loose with the internals and slapping the AX210 sticker on them.  So it wouldn't surprise me if there were issues with AX1675x cards too.

i do not see no one popup with 6GHZ in control center(((

regarding ax210 you mean in the fact will be not a ax210 cards? oO

Message 87 of 111
FURRYe38
Guru

IF your looking at the RAXEs web page, its at the bottom of the Basic Tab/Wireless setting section. First section is the 2.4Ghz, then 5Ghz, then 6Ghz section near the bottom. 

@Kolich69 wrote:

I dont see 6ghz network with wpa or open(((((( yes i already installed this beta version of firmware....

Message 88 of 111
Kolich69
Aspirant

you not understand me, i already said before that in this list at me all ENABLED. 6GHZ enabled 2.4ghz enabled and 5ghz enabled

@FURRYe38 wrote:

IF your looking at the RAXEs web page, its at the bottom of the Basic Tab/Wireless setting section. First section is the 2.4Ghz, then 5Ghz, then 6Ghz section near the bottom. 

@Kolich69 wrote:

I dont see 6ghz network with wpa or open(((((( yes i already installed this beta version of firmware....

Message 89 of 111
plemans
Guru

@Kolich69 Did you ever have to use any of the 'registry hacks" to get it working prior to windows 11 or even on the 10 versions? 

I know I'd changed the registry and then after updating to a supported windows version, it wasn't seeing 6E. I had to go in and delete the registry change and the driver (and all remnants). then reboot and reinstall. Then I was able to see 6E again. 

Message 90 of 111
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, so with 6Ghz enabled on the RAXE, you do not see it's SSID on yoru 6Ghz wifi adapter? 

@Kolich69 wrote:

you not understand me, i already said before that in this list at me all ENABLED. 6GHZ enabled 2.4ghz enabled and 5ghz enabled

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@Kolich69 wrote:

Message 91 of 111
tonydi
Luminary

@Kolich69 wrote:

By "popup" I meant is there any setting in there that relates to the different bands, 2.4GHz, 5GHz, 6GHz.

Yes, when the router was being tested there were people who had AX210 cards that worked perfectly and others that did the exact same things to install and could never get the 6GHz to work. It was thought at the time because these cards were coming from a lot of different vendors that some of them were counterfeits or not made very well. I know of at least two people who bought cards from a different source, plugged them into the same computer and made no other changes.  These second cards worked fine.

Message 92 of 111
FURRYe38
Guru

Definately worth checking out another, different 6Ghz adapter. 

Message 93 of 111
Kolich69
Aspirant

@tonydi wrote:

@Kolich69 wrote:

By "popup" I meant is there any setting in there that relates to the different bands, 2.4GHz, 5GHz, 6GHz.

Yes, when the router was being tested there were people who had AX210 cards that worked perfectly and others that did the exact same things to install and could never get the 6GHz to work. It was thought at the time because these cards were coming from a lot of different vendors that some of them were counterfeits or not made very well. I know of at least two people who bought cards from a different source, plugged them into the same computer and made no other changes.  These second cards worked fine.

oO.... really?do you know who selling fakes? i bought on ebay 3 adaptors and all have same problem, doesnt see 6GHZ network =((( but if it will be fake i think drivers from the intel can not been installed successfully.

Do you know how i will check is it fake or genuine?

Message 94 of 111
Kolich69
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

checked another 3 adaptors and same problem =((

Message 95 of 111
plemans
Guru

@Kolich69 wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

checked another 3 adaptors and same problem =((

Did you ever use any of the registry hacks to get it working from the start? 
Did you uninstall the driver between trying different cards? 

What driver version are you on? 

Did you try on a clean install of windows? 

Message 96 of 111
tonydi
Luminary

@Kolich69 wrote:

oO.... really?do you know who selling fakes? i bought on ebay 3 adaptors and all have same problem, doesnt see 6GHZ network =((( but if it will be fake i think drivers from the intel can not been installed successfully.

Do you know how i will check is it fake or genuine?

I have no idea who the vendors were.  And people only thought the cards might be fakes because they replaced them with ones bought from another source and they worked.

The one thing that stands out here is that you have a slightly different card than everyone else, all of whom had AX210 cards.  You're the only person I've seen with that card so we don't have any history to go on.

Message 97 of 111
FURRYe38
Guru

Same brand adapters or different brand? 

I know only thing that wasnt mentioned to me was that since I was using Windows 10, there was a reg modification that for some, needed done to make the adapter work. I believe I did this initially but didn't work however using v22.45 driver they also mentioned, made it work. However on the RAXE500 it sees the 5Ghz but won't connect if WPA3 is enabled. 

I've been told that @plemans is using v22.90 with his and its working for him and his RAXE500 in AP mode. 

Message 98 of 111
plemans
Guru

Another thing to check is one of the version of the driver disabled the 6ghz on my ax210. I had to go into the device manager--->advanced and check to ensure it was enabled. 

This is on a windows 11 device. 

Message 99 of 111
tonydi
Luminary

@plemans wrote:

Another thing to check is one of the version of the driver disabled the 6ghz on my ax210. I had to go into the device manager--->advanced and check to ensure it was enabled. 

This is on a windows 11 device. 

I covered that many posts ago and he's said in more than one post that it's enabled.

Message 100 of 111
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 110 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7