× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Power supplies mized up

Dirtnapper01
Aspirant

Power supplies mized up

In the process of setting up and moving the office around, the power plugs to the Netgear CM1100 modem and Nighthawk RAS49S router got mixed up. Both have same voltage, but the one of the plugs has a centery...one is center pos and the other  plug is center neg.  If  someone has either device, could they tell me what the  model numbers are.  I called support and it was absolutely useless.  Thanks.  

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Power supplies mized up

Look at the back of each unit and there will be imprinted on the unit itself what the center pin is, Will show a symbol and points to the center pin next the the power jack in back. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Power supplies mized up

Look at the back of each unit and there will be imprinted on the unit itself what the center pin is, Will show a symbol and points to the center pin next the the power jack in back. 

Message 2 of 4
Dirtnapper01
Aspirant

Re: Power supplies mixed up

After some very close inspection (as with a jeweler's loup) on the plug that I though was center neg, is -  center pos; so, both plugs are correct.  My error, thanks.  

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Power supplies mixed up

👍

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements