× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700AX only getting 2 down and 1 up on 2.4Ghz

D_Day79
Follower

R6700AX only getting 2 down and 1 up on 2.4Ghz

Purchased the R6700AX in March, have had nothing but problems with the speed on the 2.4Ghz band. Finally called support and had 2 phone calls of over 5 hours each troubleshooting the unit with no resolution. Consistently only get 2 mbps down and 1 mbps or less up on the 2.4Ghz band when I am directly in front of the router within 3 feet. Get about 230-240 mbps down and 12 mbps up consistently on the 5Ghz band.

When troubleshooting with support tried different channels to no effect and different firmware to no effect as well. I see all over the community support page that this is a very common problem with numerous different models of netgear routers. Switched from an Belkin router that never had this issue on the 2.4Ghz line. Upgraded to get more out of the speed I was paying for from Xfinity.

Has anyone found a resolution to this problem as of yet??
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R6700AX only getting 2 down and 1 up on 2.4Ghz

Please visit and post about this in the NH RAX WiFi6 Router forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 3
Razor512
Prodigy

Re: R6700AX only getting 2 down and 1 up on 2.4Ghz

If possible try unchecking "Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence" in the wireless settings, applying the changes, and then test the speeds again.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7