× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX 200 NEW FIRMWARE 1.06.138

meinico
Tutor

RAX 200 NEW FIRMWARE 1.06.78

Good day,

i have the router RAX200 to about 1 year, the cost of the router is more expensive about 500 euro!!!!

I think that the performance the configuration and the speed are very high,

but i think that is impossible that evrithing there is a new release of the new firmware, there are new bug 

of the router!!!!!

The new release of the firmware 1.06.078, after complete configuration manually, the router is very fast,

but when change the public IP address (example reboot router) the DNS breaks, and some function stop working.

i am very disappointed for this, and the solution takes a long time!!!!

Good bye

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RAX 200 NEW FIRMWARE 1.06.78

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Have you tried enabling IPv6 on the router? 

v.78 isn't new and isn't seen on NGs web page. Did you get this from NGs download page:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RAX200.aspx#download

or thru the routers web page FW update section? 

Message 2 of 4
meinico
Tutor

Thank you for the suggestion, the correct new firmware is 1.06.138.

I do not need the IPV6 connection, becuse i do to enable it?

Where is the function of IPV6?

My configuration is: ONT NOKIA of the internet provider, RJ45 from ONT to ROUTER RAX200 in the wan port(yellow)

internet configuration is PPOE with username and password of the internet provider, after that there are some client 

with IP RESERVED ADRESS, wireless configuration, some port forwarding and VPN connection for my smartphone.

With the indicated configuration the router is rock solid with firmware 1.05.132, when i l see the new firmware 1.06.138

on the site netgear, i have downloaded it, i have factory reset to the router, after that i have UPGRADING the router with the new firmware and inserted the configuration indicated above, the router is ok until there is a reboot, in this case stopped some function how VPN.

Because i should activate the IPV6 connection?

Than you  

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Under advanced tab/advanced settings/IPv6. 

Set it to enable and Auto.

FYI, others have expressed that v.138 FW is causing problems for users on the RAX200. I recommend that you revert back to v.132. 

We have notified NG of issues seen on v.138. 

@DarrenM 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7