× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX 200 Power Supply

JNollett
Tutor

RAX 200 Power Supply

Hi

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement PSU for the UK version of the RAX200?

Thanks

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX 200 Power Supply

netgear doesn't sell replacement power supplies. I usually get them off amazon/ebay. 

You just make sure they have the same output voltage, polarity. The amperage can be more but I wouldn't go less. 

Message 2 of 8

@JNollett wrote:

Hi

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement PSU for the UK version of the RAX200?

Thanks

eBay and Amazon would be a good start. I have had success there.

Netgear uses the same adaptors for most devices, so look for something that, as @plemans says, has the right specifications. (See the label on the device itself.)

Message 3 of 8
JNollett
Tutor

Hi, I’ve looked on both Amazon & eBay, but this has a completely different adapter end to all other adapters. Any other ideas?
Message 4 of 8

I have no idea what you looked for.

The specifications in the manual say "All regions (output): 19V/3.16 ADC output". I found this in a few seconds:

19V 3.42A 65W Universal Laptop Power Supply with 5.5 X: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

After a few more seconds, I found this one which even claims to be compatible with your device:

T POWER 19V Ac Dc Adapter Charger Compatible with for: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I suspect that there are dozens more where they came from.

Message 5 of 8
JNollett
Tutor

Hi, I saw these and many others, but they have a central pin in the adapter, whereas mine doesn’t.
Message 6 of 8

@JNollett wrote:
Hi, I saw these and many others, but they have a central pin in the adapter, whereas mine doesn’t.

The manual shows an input with a central pin. It is a part of the 19-volt range. I have one in front of me. The symbol on the label is identical to that in the manual for the RAX200.

I have used a dozen or more Netgear adapters. I even have a few that are just like the one used in the RAX200. It has the usual "plug". I can't see that Netgear has invented a new plug just for the RAX200.

By the way, why are you looking for a new adapter. Did you have one that blew up? Or have you imported one from the USA?

Here's an idea. Use the one you got from the USA. It says 120 volts on the thing? Surprise surprise, there is a very high probability that it will work in the UK.

How do I know? Been there done that. As have several other people.

Plug it in. Did it go bang? No? Then try it on your router.

By the way, one of the devices I linked to has exchangeable tips that should fit most know devices.

Message 7 of 8
JNollett
Tutor

Hi

I bought it off eBay with no PSU, so I guess it must be an import. The adaptor is 5.0 x 3.3mm with no central pin. I'll try buying one from the US as Netgear will not sell spare PSU's.

Thanks

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7