× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX 80

Pmkrocks
Aspirant

RAX 80

1.0.1.62_1.0.26 Firmware still DC's Lan ports and Wi-fi randomly. This router when it works preforms really well. What I cannot stand is the updates breaking this router more and more. Is their going to be any resolution to this? Their customer support was probably some of the worst I've experienced in a while. After a brand-new update and factory reset the same bugs persist. Just less frequent. Still runs like garbage and my speeds don't come close to what I pay for. Yet old router works just fine and gives me near maximum throughput. 

Highly disappointed. 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
NCMike
Tutor

Re: RAX 80

Thanks for the post. My router has been slow from the day I bought it, last week. I have searched for and tried all of the suggested solutions, but none has worked for me. Then I saw there was a new firmaware update and read your post. I'm going to install the update, but based on your experience, I'm not going to hold my breath. Getting closer to writing this device off and returning it.

Message 2 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Pmkrocks - I'd like for support to follow up on your case and have it escalated. When you get a chance, may you send me a message with your case number and email address. 

Thanks,
Christian 

Message 3 of 4
pmkrocks123
Aspirant

Hi Christian it seems that when going through support I have two accounts. Either way here is my support number #41491917. Please get this elevated and taken care of, a 400$ router that is 200$ above the market average suddenly not working when upgrading past v1.40 is utterly not acceptable in my book. It's the equivelent of driving a mercedes off the lot for maybe a couple hundred miles, then having an issue, just to take it back to the dealer who makes the problem worse. The fact that they try to extort money from you when contacting support makes a bad name for their product. Not only that but trying to feel helped in any way feels utter abismale and humilaiting. They also want to RMA a product, knowing that my house hold has 3 full time college students that cannot have internet down time over the period of 7 buisness days. It forces me to pay for overnight air for 30$ which is ridiculous and should be eaten up by the comapny whos products are either not fully tested via hardware or they are simply bricking routers with crappy untested firmware. 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7