× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX120 Configuration and firmware

BobSwitz
Aspirant

RAX120 Configuration and firmware

Greetings,

Does anyone have firmware ver. and configuration settings that work well all I want is screaming fast wifi with no buffering?

I have spectrum with 400Mbps.

I just purchased the RAX120 since I've been using Netgear routers for may years.

Well I have been very disappointed in the performance, I loved the initial speeds on Wifi but my devices keep disconnecting, apparently a common issue.

My initial wifi speeds were in the 450 - 460Mbps range, but streaming on wifi I get the buffering and no connection symptoms.

Could only reach a chat support person who had me make configuration changes to the router, reboot Cable modem and Router which made my speed drop down to 24Mbps.

I backed out some of the changes until I got back to 450 - 460Mbps range, but still get buffering etc.

I'm on the verge of returning.

I would truly appreciate any help.

Bob

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
thehypnootoad
Luminary

Drop the 5ghz down to hx80 from 160 do router reboot from button see how it goes.

Message 2 of 7
thehypnootoad
Luminary

HT 80 from HT 160

Message 3 of 7
BobSwitz
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion I will try it this weekend when I get home.

I also noticed every  morning when I check the log it says up time for the router is anywhere from 1hour to 3.x hours I don't believe it should be going down every night.

Thanks again.

Bob

Message 4 of 7
thehypnootoad
Luminary

Whats the log saying so can tell if its not a isp drop from modem or a router reboot. Usual questions & answers.
Are you on the latest firmware? If so how did you upgrade did you try a pin hole reset ?

Message 5 of 7
BobSwitz
Aspirant

Even if the ISP did drop that wouldn't necessary cause the router to reboot would it?

I can't check this till the weekend.

Thanks for the help, Bob

Message 6 of 7
thehypnootoad
Luminary

Not normally but it is Netgear if that carries on I would try a pin hole reset and see if that sorts it if not try reinstalling software again via lan (ethernet) then when all up running do another pin hole and start fresh.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7