× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX120 Router Random Disconnects

Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

It's best to always perform a factory reset after an update. 

Message 226 of 233

@TerryPh wrote:
Do you know what issues/improvements were fixing/included in this update?

Read the release notes:

RAX120 Firmware Version 1.0.1.128 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 227 of 233

@TerryPh wrote:
Readycloud router connection to portal is NOT working with new fw 1.0.1.128.

Which ReadyCLOUD client?

v 1.20 is the most recent.

It mends a hole that Microsoft made in a recent Windows update.

Message 228 of 233
Placesandspaces
Apprentice

This probably won’t help regarding disconnects but I stumbled across an article about EMF radiation in electrical wiring. Went and bought a EMF plug in analyzer and found many of my outlets were WAY above acceptable levels. Had no clue this was even a thing with electrical wiring. Went and bought some plug in EMF filters and it brought my outlets down to below 50 on my microsurge meter (50 and below was acceptable) and my router seems to be much better....minimal buffering (hardly ever) and strong signal. On some outlets in my home I was getting readings as high as 750 which is way out of whack. I read were high EMF in electrical lines can cause electrical devices not to perform as well as they should and it can be a health risk too due to radiation involved. Just putting that out their to make sure your electrical wiring is within specs so devices perform the way they should be.
Message 229 of 233
Topology
Virtuoso

Placesandspaces, FYI - You may also wish to consider the use of an uninterruptible power supply (e.g., see here); which provides EMI/RFI filtration, surge suppression, and automatic voltage regulation – together with battery backup (using sine wave output).

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem, RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 230 of 233
hpgerrin
Aspirant

I am a novice with routers and I am extremely frustrated with constant disconnects and reboots.

I do not know what it means to manually set DNS server for each device.  Could someone please explain.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 231 of 233

@hpgerrin wrote:

I do not know what it means to manually set DNS server for each device.  Could someone please explain.

You can't. But why do you want to do that?

This is a long running discussion that has wandered all over the place. The subject, "random disconnects", could be down to many things.

If you have problems, start a new discussion in the right place that lays out your issues and describes your setup. So far, we know not much.

Message 232 of 233
Placesandspaces
Apprentice

Was on a live chat with Netgear moderators and I brought up the topic of dirty electricity affecting modems and routers and appliances. All of them knew about it except one and agreed it can be a significant problem. Definitely has improved my routers performance. I had several outlets that were way to high for dirty electricity so I needed more of a home kit solution. Sine Wave looks impressive though.
Message 233 of 233
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7