× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX120 V2 Constant Random Reboots

muniz_ri
Apprentice

Same here. This router is a beast now that it works reliably. All good on my end for one week,

Message 426 of 707
tr4sh80
Apprentice

Yep. I'm really glad I was patient and didn't dump the thing and drop a bunch of $ on something else. I had a feeling it would get fixed sooner or later.
Message 427 of 707
bgnome
Tutor

Third party firmware also seems like a possibility, which is an added benefit in my opinion. The random reboots are certainly frustrating. I'm very optimistic about this solution!
Message 428 of 707
tr4sh80
Apprentice

I'm gonna keep running the beta until official is released since it's solid. Saving the beta too in case official is screwed again so I can always go back to reliability lol.
Message 429 of 707
JMALEC75
Tutor

How does one get the beta firmware?

Does it seem to fix the reboots?  Can WMM be enabled again?

Thanks

Message 430 of 707
FURRYe38
Guru

Send you a PM. 

@JMALEC75 wrote:

How does one get the beta firmware?

Does it seem to fix the reboots?  Can WMM be enabled again?

Thanks

Message 431 of 707
bgnome
Tutor

Just followed the directions and have an uptime of over 48hrs so far, where previously would reboot at least once a day.  No WMM changes needed.

Message 432 of 707
Stix37867
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 

I too would like to try out the beta firmware. Mine is currently rebooting every 5 minutes while downloading XBox updates and a streaming movie, along with other basic wifi loads. Thank you

Message 433 of 707
Treehuggert
Aspirant

Can you provide me with the test firmware please?
Thanks.

Message 434 of 707
JMALEC75
Tutor

Updated to the beta firmware.  A little bit of a PITA with the static IPs I need, but was able to sort it out after a couple of reboots of both the router and the devices.  Other than that, so far so good.

One thing I did notice was CPU Load and Memory Usage don't seem to work any longer.  They show the date in the readout instead of the proper reading.  Guess that's why it's still a beta, ehh?

Fingers crossed...

Message 435 of 707

Please please please provide me with this beta firmware!
Message 436 of 707
TheDude67
Aspirant

I just bought this router and it drops connection enough times to make me notice and become frustrating.
Message 437 of 707
tr4sh80
Apprentice

The latest beta firware finally fixes the issue. You can get it from @DarrenM here or wait for the official to be released.
Message 438 of 707
TheDude67
Aspirant

Thanks buddy, I’m going to wait for the official release though. I bough this router because my older nighthawk was having issues and after researching it seemed this one was the best if the best. So far very disappointing with oerfmance and issues.
Message 439 of 707
tr4sh80
Apprentice

Just request the beta from @DarrenM. It's been solid 2 weeks for me now and is finally the beast it was meant to be. Been a long time coming. Glad I was patient.
Message 440 of 707
mlm44
Star

The beta is working for me too. There is a glitch where the web interface shows the boot time for the CPU load and memory usage instead of percentages. I also noticed that there are no longer any DoS messages in the log (not sure if this was fixed or they broke something else). Otherwise the router is running solid, 4+ days without a reboot.

Message 441 of 707
tr4sh80
Apprentice

It almost seemed like most of those DOS attacks where false positives because they were so constant....and it wouldn't surprise me if that was the core cause of the reboot issue. Routers tend to reboot after a certain # of dos attacks for security.
Message 442 of 707
bgnome
Tutor

I just noticed that CPU Load and Data Usage are being reported as Time and Date as well. Uptime is over 6 days so far..
Message 443 of 707
FURRYe38
Guru

NG is aware. I presume that should go back to correct display on next full FW release. 

@bgnome wrote:
I just noticed that CPU Load and Data Usage are being reported as Time and Date as well. Uptime is over 6 days so far..

Message 444 of 707
uhspc
Aspirant

Hi guys

i recently bought one netgear rax120v2, and so i have same problem that your ....

reboot some times, one per days or multiple per days ...

i searched for troubleshooting, i disabled all my wifi components, and added one per one

i founded one old pc that use a wifi card realteck (asus rog g20) and disabled it

for unknown reason, is wifi connexion is inconstant and when i disabled it, wifi don't reboot all times (10 times on one hour)

BUT ... now another problem, rax120 reboot for another reason

firmware as been upgraded and rax120 has been reseted and reinit but rax 120 reboot some time per day

@DarrenM, can you give me beta firmware ?

Message 445 of 707
J7x
Aspirant
Aspirant

When will the fix be officially released? Mine is just getting worse and worse. I’m going back to my old trusty Apple time capsule until this gets fixed.
Message 446 of 707
tr4sh80
Apprentice

You must send a private message to @DarrenM and he will provide you with the beta. I have 18 days solid without a reboot now on the beta.
Message 447 of 707
Phoenix85
Aspirant

Hi, I have the same issue. I send a PM to @DarrenM , I just waiting a answer to receive a beta firmware and test.

Message 448 of 707

5 days on the beta firmware and it hasn't skipped a beat. It's great to see the real potential of this great router!

Message 449 of 707
tr4sh80
Apprentice

I'm on 18 days and change 🙂
Message 450 of 707
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7