× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX120 V2 Constant Random Reboots

FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 526 of 707
Adhit
Aspirant

Hello been having the same problem. May I have the beta firmware as well please? My first three characters on my router is 6JY.
Message 527 of 707
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

@Adhit wrote:
Hello been having the same problem. May I have the beta firmware as well please? My first three characters on my router is 6JY.

Message 528 of 707
Splashngo
Aspirant

how can i also get the beta FW? my netgear nighthawk RAX120v2 seems to reboot once or twice a day.

my modem is Nokia BGW32-505

Message 529 of 707
daray
Aspirant

After beta fw update works seamlessly, but yesterday got 2 reboots after few days, so beta needs further polishing. It’s vast improvement vs .40 but with all fairness it’s still too often when compared to my recent router. BTW I have noticed big discounts for RAX120, so it may suggest the model has some hardware flaws and may be discontinued soon.
Message 530 of 707
FURRYe38
Guru

Some troubleshooting would be suggested to see if other factors maybe contributing to your reboots you saw. 

How many days of up time did you see before this supposed reboots happened?

@daray wrote:
After beta fw update works seamlessly, but yesterday got 2 reboots after few days, so beta needs further polishing. It’s vast improvement vs .40 but with all fairness it’s still too often when compared to my recent router. BTW I have noticed big discounts for RAX120, so it may suggest the model has some hardware flaws and may be discontinued soon.

Message 531 of 707
daray
Aspirant

It’s only new router in my set up, so I doubt there are other factors causing reboot. It’s been 4 days on beta. FW. It might be the case of multiple devices being logged in at the same time, but have only 15 devices connected to the network.
Message 532 of 707
FURRYe38
Guru

Did all devices loose internet access? 

What devices do you have connected? 

What is happening when this reboot seem to occur? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

How is basic and advanced wireless settings configured on the router? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

What is the Default DHCP IP address pool range set for?

Message 533 of 707
Splashngo
Aspirant

im an IT network engineer, this wifi router is what is rebooting at least once a day if not 2 or 3 times a day. wired devices and wifi devices are losing connection. the fiber modem/gateway is staying alive during the netgear nighthawk's reboot.

Message 534 of 707
DoNotBuyNETG3AR
Aspirant

RAX120V2

Long story short, I bought a RAX120v2 in June 2022 and the router would randomly shutoff and reboot. I've gone through pretty much all of their troubleshooting bullcrap and it still exists. Netgear seems to have failed to quality check their hardware before releasing it into the market and refuses to own up to it and make things right for customers who spent hundreds on this crap router. Not like it matters to anyone but I'm officially done with NETGEAR and moving on. you'd be angry too if you spent hundreds on a product and it's malfunctioning. Even the support team can't fix this stupid problem but I guess its the customers that screwed up for buying this crap product from NETGEAR. 

Message 535 of 707
FURRYe38
Guru

How about lets try loading up a Beta FW that has fixed this issue? 

Please post the first 3 characters of the routers serial number seen on the sticker in back.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Message 536 of 707
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if you want to try the BETA FW that fixes the reboot issue seen on RAX120v2s

Please post the first 3 characters of the routers serial number on the sticker on your unit.

@Splashngo wrote:

im an IT network engineer, this wifi router is what is rebooting at least once a day if not 2 or 3 times a day. wired devices and wifi devices are losing connection. the fiber modem/gateway is staying alive during the netgear nighthawk's reboot.

Message 537 of 707
DoNotBuyNETG3AR
Aspirant

First 3 digits of serial number: 6JY

Firmware version: V1.2.8.40

I am serviced with Comcast/XFINITY

The modem I am using is CM1200 (a NETGEAR modem)

as for LAN cables, I am using CAT6

Message 538 of 707
Splashngo
Aspirant

yes i'd like to try the beta firmware, first 3 letter is 6JY

Message 539 of 707
FURRYe38
Guru

Sent

@Splashngo wrote:

yes i'd like to try the beta firmware, first 3 letter is 6JY

Message 540 of 707
greggag
Aspirant

Hi. I have been dealing with this same issue for almost a year. I would like to try the beta FW. My serial number starts with 6JY. Thank You!
Message 541 of 707
FURRYe38
Guru

Sent.

@greggag wrote:
Hi. I have been dealing with this same issue for almost a year. I would like to try the beta FW. My serial number starts with 6JY. Thank You!

Message 542 of 707
FURRYe38
Guru

Sent. 

Good modem too. 

@DoNotBuyNETG3AR wrote:

First 3 digits of serial number: 6JY

Firmware version: V1.2.8.40

I am serviced with Comcast/XFINITY

The modem I am using is CM1200 (a NETGEAR modem)

as for LAN cables, I am using CAT6

Message 543 of 707
ebgp
Tutor

Reporting back that since the factory reset and beta flash to V1.2.8.43-rc my RAX120v2 has been stable without issue.  Uptime is 08:14:59:24 per debug.htm 

31 attached devices.

This is looking promising, thank you.

Message 544 of 707
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

@ebgp wrote:

Reporting back that since the factory reset and beta flash to V1.2.8.43-rc my RAX120v2 has been stable without issue.  Uptime is 08:14:59:24 per debug.htm 

31 attached devices.

This is looking promising, thank you.

Message 545 of 707
Ma3012
Aspirant

Hi, I have the router router since 11.2022 and directly run into the reboot trouble FW is updated to the latest regular FW. Reboot occurs minimum note time on day, if there is some higher load on the wireless lan then the reboot can happen 3-4 times In one hour. May I can also try the Beta FW? SNR: 066
Message 546 of 707
FURRYe38
Guru

The SNR is the first 3 characters? 

@Ma3012 wrote:
Hi, I have the router router since 11.2022 and directly run into the reboot trouble FW is updated to the latest regular FW. Reboot occurs minimum note time on day, if there is some higher load on the wireless lan then the reboot can happen 3-4 times In one hour. May I can also try the Beta FW? SNR: 066

Message 547 of 707
Ma3012
Aspirant

This are last three characters the first three are 6K0
Message 548 of 707
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, Thank you. 

Sent. 

Message 549 of 707
mlm44
Star

About to reach my self-imposed 30 day uptime milestone on the beta.

rx.jpg

Message 550 of 707
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7