× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX120 rejects WiFi connection and responds Wrong password message

Moshel
Aspirant

RAX120 rejects WiFi connection and responds Wrong password message

Hello

I just connected my new WiFi router RAX120 Firmware V1.0.1.108 using laptop with win10. I have succeeded connecting several WiFi devices (PC, Android tablet, Android phone, IPhone etc.). I fail to connect WiFi TV box. I get "wrong password". I cannot connect it even using WPS.

This TV box was WiFi connected to my previous WiFi router and worked fine. Please help.

Message 1 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Moshel, 

You may need to reset the TV if that's and option.

Christian 

Message 2 of 7
Moshel
Aspirant

Thank you Christian

The TV box is an android external to the TV (connected by HDMI cable). I have rebooted it several times and even turned it off and on. Nothing helped. Only turning off the security (no password) helped. The same TV box was connected to my previous router with password and worked fine.

Message 3 of 7
caine-lea
Aspirant

I have the same problem.

I fail to connect TV by RAX120. but the TV can connect to old router.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 4 of 7

@caine-lea wrote:

I have the same problem.

I fail to connect TV by RAX120. but the TV can connect to old router.

How about the TV reset suggested by @Christian_R?

Connecting a TV to a network usually starts with the TV and its configuration process.

Hard to say more without knowing what the TV is and how you are trying to connect it. Wired or wifi.

Message 5 of 7
steih
Initiate

Purchased rax120 about 3 weeks ago. Had the same problem when trying to connect older devices on 2.4ghz band. Changed auto channel setting in rax120 to a hardcoded channel (in my case 6) and problem went away. Everything has been running smoothly and fast since.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 6 of 7
Moshel
Aspirant

Hi Steih

Thank you. Your solution did not work for me (fix channel). On the other hand without password security it works fine in my case. I have found another solution: Setup my old router as a bridge and connected it to the TV box (wired to the bridge - old router).

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7