× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120V1 Intermittently power cycling?

Galliard_CX
Aspirant

RAX120V1 Intermittently power cycling?

My RAX120 that I purchased around a month ago has suddenly started to "Turn off" leaving only the power LED on (blinking). During this item, all internet service is interrupted and after about a 1-minute wait the router resolves itself and resumes function. 

I've been informed that there may be a BETA Firmware that resolves this issue. Any help would be appreciated!

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
microchip8
Master

Re: RAX120V2 Intermittently power cycling?

Have you done a factory reset and configure from scratch? It might help.
Message 2 of 9
Galliard_CX
Aspirant

Yeah, that was the first thing I opted to do. I've been trying to figure this issue out for the past few days and I was informed of a BETA Firmware that may resolve the issue that I can access from this forum via Reddit just a little while ago

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended.

What is the first 3 characters of the routers serial number please.

@Galliard_CX wrote:

My RAX120 that I purchased around a month ago has suddenly started to "Turn off" leaving only the power LED on (blinking). During this item, all internet service is interrupted and after about a 1-minute wait the router resolves itself and resumes function. 

I've been informed that there may be a BETA Firmware that resolves this issue. Any help would be appreciated!

Message 4 of 9
Galliard_CX
Aspirant

1: I rolled back and used V1.2.3.28 in hopes of that resolving the issue, it did not. Currently using 1.2.8.40

2: Unfortunately I am not sure what "Mfr" means, the closest thing I see on the modem is "mfg" which states 06/21. The modem is provided by Spectrum and is Model Number "ET2251"

3: Im using this cable in the 6 ft size.

Message 5 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Galliard

I have sent you a PM.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the first 3 characters of the routers serial number please. Just verifying that you have a v2 to be sure. 

Mfr = Manufacturer. 

The PM is in regards to a beta if yours is a v2. Should fix the reboots your seeing. 

@Galliard_CX wrote:

1: I rolled back and used V1.2.3.28 in hopes of that resolving the issue, it did not. Currently using 1.2.8.40

2: Unfortunately I am not sure what "Mfr" means, the closest thing I see on the modem is "mfg" which states 06/21. The modem is provided by Spectrum and is Model Number "ET2251"

3: Im using this cable in the 6 ft size.

Message 7 of 9
Galliard_CX
Aspirant

Re: RAX120V1 Intermittently power cycling?

I just finished installing the Beta Firmware Im not 100% sure what triggers the intermittent outages so ill just have to wait for a few hours/days before determining its fixed.

First 3 of SN: 571

The router information portion of the Router Settings also states "Hardware Version RAX120v2" for what its worth. 

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RAX120V1 Intermittently power cycling?

Be aware that you don't have a V2, yours is a v1. V1s did not experience this issue. Only v2s did. 

FW may report this incorrectly in the UI as the FW is directed to v2s. 

I would not presume that the beta should cause any issues though the problem could still be seen or may cause other issues to be falsely seen with out doing more digging into why your v1 is seeing this issue using non beta FW. Anything could be possible. 

Lets let the beta run for 3 days and come back and let us know your results. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7