× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX120v2 keeps dropping devices ofthe Wifi hardwired devices remain good. Firmware V1.2.8.40

EpicEnigma
Guide

RAX120v2 keeps dropping devices ofthe Wifi hardwired devices remain good. Firmware V1.2.8.40

So my current firmware is V1.2.8.40 I have been having issues with all my wifi devices dropping. Anyone have a fix for this? I don't know why I suckered my self into another Netgear product. I am ready to contact the Better Business Buru and Consumer Affairs. I have yet to get a good Netgear product, but this thing looked so sweet, reminded me of Darth Vader's personal ship lol

Message 1 of 38

Accepted Solutions
EpicEnigma
Guide

Re: RAX120v2 keeps dropping devices ofthe Wifi hardwired devices remain good. Firmware V1.2.8.40

I would like to try this beta firmware that everyone is raving about, again current firmware on it is 1.2.8.40

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 38

All Replies
EpicEnigma
Guide

Also is there a difference between RAX120v2 and RAXE500 or AXE11000? Router login says its a RAX120v2 box says AXE11000 and also says RAXE500-100NAS. So I am confused.

Message 2 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What's the 1st 3 characters seen on the router serial number please. 

What all devices do you have connected?

Does the any of the top LEDs turn AMBER when this happens? 

Does look cool though...

Message 3 of 38
EpicEnigma
Guide

Firmware and model listed, I am using SPectrums new cable modem, it does not have wifi built into it. I am using a good cat6 wire. The wire and modem are meaningless because the lan connection never loses connection, its only the wifi that loses connection. 

Message 4 of 38
EpicEnigma
Guide

I would like to try this beta firmware that everyone is raving about, again current firmware on it is 1.2.8.40

Message 5 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

What's the 1st 3 characters seen on the router serial number please. 

What all devices do you have connected?

Does the any of the top LEDs turn AMBER when this happens? 

There a model of Spectrums new modem? Not everyone may know that there is a new modem out. 

Message 6 of 38
EpicEnigma
Guide

Cell phones, Google displays, everything wifi disconnects. No amber lights. I can't even guarantee that the serial is correct because the factory sticker ( which does not look tampered with at all) the wifi info don't match the factory reset info in the router.

Message 7 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

How do you mean? 

Message 8 of 38
EpicEnigma
Guide

Have to be more specific.

Message 9 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

"I can't even guarantee that the serial is correct because the factory sticker ( which does not look tampered with at all) the wifi info don't match the factory reset info in the router." ? 

What are you seeing? 

Message 10 of 38
EpicEnigma
Guide

When I opened this thing new from the box, I didn't have a desktop. So when I tried to connect to it using the provided information on the sticker on the back of the unit, the SSID didn't match the one it was sending out, nor did the password work on the SSD being broadcasted. I even factory reset the unit using the reset pinhole button. Ended up buying a desktop and connecting via Ethernet and figuring out the info that way. Didn't matter much to be other than wasted alot of my time waiting because I was changing the SSID regardless, but still it is strange.

Message 11 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

What's the 1st 3 characters seen on the router serial number?

Message 12 of 38
EpicEnigma
Guide

Not sure if it applies, the serial on the box or sticker. Might not be correct. Is there a way to get this information from the router login page?

Message 13 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Router sticker.

Message 14 of 38
EpicEnigma
Guide

100 is the first 3 if it accounts for much.

Message 15 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

Thats the first 3 characters of router serial number? Should start with a 6...

Message 16 of 38
EpicEnigma
Guide

6TA is it then, I was looking at the TA numbers, they are very close together.

Message 17 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

That would be a v1 model then. Not a v2.

Message 18 of 38
EpicEnigma
Guide

Yeah but in the router page it says V2Screenshot 2023-01-11 212620.png

Message 19 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

UI I believe reads on both models but the serial tells the actual model version. 

Message 20 of 38
EpicEnigma
Guide

Sticker didn't tell me the default SSID and password either but the router login page did.

Message 21 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

You get this router 2nd hand or used online? Might consider returning it. 

Message 22 of 38
EpicEnigma
Guide

It was given to me as a gift for Christmas, due to when they bought it for me, the return time has passed. The box looked factory sealed, and the information label on the back of the unit is smooth as butter, no signs of peel and switch. There has to be a way to access the routers serial directly from the unit its self via the routers page or something right?

Message 23 of 38
FURRYe38
Guru

No.

Message 24 of 38
Kitsap
Master

You might try this for additional information.

Log in to the UI page first, open a new tab on your browser and use http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/hidden_info.htm.  Note the underscore  between hidden and info.  The xxxs are the IP address.

Some of the wording does not make it through translation very well.  Series number should read serial number.

Message 25 of 38
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 37 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7