× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX15 AP mode DHCP request not relaying

cnah0518
Follower

RAX15 AP mode DHCP request not relaying

Every two days, some of my devices fail to receive a IP address from my EdgeRouterX which is connected to my RAX15 in AP mode.

The easy solution to this poblem is turning off/on the RAX15 which will allow my devices to allocate an IP address from the router's DHCP server.

This morning, instead of rebooting the RAX15, I connected to my EdgeRouterX and ran "clear dhcp leases" on the cli to see if the RAX15 is relaying the DHCP requests from the devices to the DHCP server on the router.

It turns out the DHCP requests were not being relayed to the router which is preventing my devices from refreshing the IP address lease.

Did anybody else experience this as well? Do the Netgear folks know about this problem?

Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX15 AP mode DHCP request not relaying

Hello cnah0518,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7