× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX20: Firmware Upgrade Failure, 1.0.3.96_2.1.46.1 GUI Language File Invalid

MarcNH
Tutor

RAX20: Firmware Upgrade Failure, 1.0.3.96_2.1.46.1 GUI Language File Invalid

Just attempt a FW upgrade using the Router Update function within the RAX20.

Upgrade fails indicating that the GUI Language File is invalid.

Is anyone having the same issue?

image.pngimage.png

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX20: Firmware Upgrade Failure, 1.0.3.96_2.1.46.1 GUI Language File Invalid

Glad its working! If you mark the solution as solved, it might help the next person with that issue

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX20: Firmware Upgrade Failure, 1.0.3.96_2.1.46.1 GUI Language File Invalid

Photos have to be approved by a moderator so we can't see what you posted for the errors. 

Have you tried manually updating? 

https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rax20.aspx

Message 2 of 6
MarcNH
Tutor

Thanks for the quick response.

I was reluctanct to try the manual update as the issue was an invalid GUI Language File.

I just tried the update manually several times.

Unfortunately, The downloaded file in the zip file comes through as a recovered file fragment.

There is not a valid .bin file in the zip file.

Any other thoughts?

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

I just tried it on mine and it'll show as a .chk file if you extracted it properly. (windows might not interpret it correctly). step 11 of the manual firmware process goes over it'll be either a .img or a .chk file.

Then follow the manual update process and use that chk file. 

Message 4 of 6
MarcNH
Tutor

That appears to have worked successfully. 1.0.3.96 is now running.

Thanks, Marc

>>

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Glad its working! If you mark the solution as solved, it might help the next person with that issue

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7