× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 1st 5Ghz band issue

darknessplayboy
Aspirant

RAX200 1st 5Ghz band issue

I recently purchased RAX200 Tri-band ax12 router, first it got problem with netgear cm1100 modem that would keep rebooting, that never happened with my R9000 ax10 router, so I bought the new cm1200 modem and its connection stays on, however I discovered that all my mobile connection will connect to the first 5ghz band without issue, except on my computer which is using intel ax200 card and it won't get to the internet unless I switch to a different channel which they are all slow speed. I can connect to the 2nd 5ghz band and get onto the internet without any issue and speed is great. All the mobile device and smart device connect to the first 5ghz band have no issue, does anyone know why? is it the ax200 card from intel or is some kind of configuration i'm missing? i have the lastest firmware installed. 

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 4
GabboCH
Apprentice

Re: RAX200 1st 5Ghz band issue

Do you have AX support enabled & have you tried updating your Intel drivers from the intel website (instead of windows update)?

There is a Knowledge base item from Netgear about this.

I had the same problem with all my laptops & PCs as they use intel Wifi devices which needed the driver update.

Message 2 of 4
darknessplayboy
Aspirant

Yes, AX is enabled, and intel ax200 card drivers are latest from the intel website. 

Message 3 of 4
Gport16
Aspirant

Did you get anywhere support wise or did it die on the vine?  I have similar issue, can only conenct ot one of the 5G channels 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7