× NETGEAR would like to hear from you about specific features so we can improve your experience. To participate in this survey please click HERE.

Re: RAX200 Ethernet ports randomly stop working

Jspauld
Aspirant

RAX200 Ethernet ports randomly stop working

Same as this previous post: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-with-WiFi-6-AX-and/Nighthawk-RAX200-ethernet-port-becomes...

My ethernet ports stop working.  In my case rebooting does not alway solve the problem.

All of the ethernet ports stop working.  

I cannot get a DHCP address most times.  Occasionaly I can get one from the pool.  Depends on the reboot cycle, and how the router is "feeling" that day.

No hardwired devices show up in the connected devices list, only Wifi devices; even if I can get an IP address.

I've swapped cables.

Tried all of the ports.

No love.

Message 1 of 6
Kitsap
Mentor

@Jspauld wrote:

Same as this previous post: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-with-WiFi-6-AX-and/Nighthawk-RAX200-ethernet-port-becomes...

My ethernet ports stop working.  In my case rebooting does not alway solve the problem.

All of the ethernet ports stop working.  

I cannot get a DHCP address most times.  Occasionaly I can get one from the pool.  Depends on the reboot cycle, and how the router is "feeling" that day.

No hardwired devices show up in the connected devices list, only Wifi devices; even if I can get an IP address.

I've swapped cables.

Tried all of the ports.

No love.

Additional information required.  What is the brand name and model number of the upstream device you connect to the WAN port on the RAX200?  Look on the label if your need to.  Is there a chance it is a combination device that is a modem/ONT and router?  Multiple Ethernet output ports is a clue.

What is the version number of the firmware that is on your RAX200?  "The latest" is not an answer.  A version number is necessary for confirmation.  Log in to your user interface to get the number.

My setup: Comcast -> Netgear CM2050V -> Netgear R9000 (Voxel V1.0.4.65HF)

Message 2 of 6
Jspauld
Aspirant

Upstream works fine.  I have internet, but only using Wifi on my RAX200.

Nothing DOWNSTREAM works.  If you need the list of devices downstream, it's going to take some time.  everything from PCs, Roku devicies, gigabit switches, cameras, TVs... none of that is working.

As for Firmware... latest is an answer when combined with the date of this post.  But since you can't be bothered to know your own products; today's latest firmware for the RAX200 is: 1.0.10.140

Message 3 of 6
Kitsap
Mentor

@Jspauld wrote:

Upstream works fine.  I have internet, but only using Wifi on my RAX200.

Nothing DOWNSTREAM works.  If you need the list of devices downstream, it's going to take some time.  everything from PCs, Roku devicies, gigabit switches, cameras, TVs... none of that is working.

As for Firmware... latest is an answer when combined with the date of this post.  But since you can't be bothered to know your own products; today's latest firmware for the RAX200 is: 1.0.10.140

Not my products.  I am a volunteer.  The "latest" may not be with other releases or by the time this post is read in the future.

Repeat question:  What is the brand name and model number of the upstream device you connect to the WAN port on the RAX200? Look on the label if your need to. Is there a chance it is a combination device that is a modem/ONT and router? Multiple Ethernet output ports is a clue.

List of downstream devices not needed.

My setup: Comcast -> Netgear CM2050V -> Netgear R9000 (Voxel V1.0.4.65HF)

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is going on when you notice the LAN ports stop working? Streaming, Gaming, normal web surfing? 

Does the top of the router feel extra warm or hot? 

Whats the total number of devices you have connected to the router at one time? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router and devices. CAT6 is recommended. 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch. Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.

It's best to be specific when asked about FW versions, Not everyone has this same model router and there is different versions, that some may not be using with the date of your post. 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router MK83+ (Router Mode) | and RBK853 (Router Mode) | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, MR6150, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, R9000, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, XR1000, EX7500/EX7700

Message 5 of 6

@Jspauld wrote:

I have bad news for you, "the latest" is a dangerously unreliable claim. Not only will the information age, the check you made today can be wrong.

Netgear has three or more ways of checking firmware versions. They are not all 100 per cent reliable.

We see more cases than we should of people who believe their app when it says "No updates available". This can be wrong because the app got it wrong.

Just another user with a set of boilerplate macros.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E