× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX200 - Still no Armor app

jvhaslup
Star

RAX200 - Still no Armor app

Any idea how long it'll be before the "flagship" AX (RAX200) WiFi-6 router has the Armor feature enables ?  

Thanks,

Jim 

Message 1 of 13
Topology
Virtuoso

Jvhaslup, I’m curious: have you seen statements from Netgear indicating that the company intends to add the Armor service to any of the new RAX-class devices? The first question to ponder, IMHO, is “if” (rather than “when”)....

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 13
jvhaslup
Star

Topology - The only indication I got, regarding any type of IDS/IP enables feature(s) on this router last year was simply “They’re working on it” response.

-Jim
Message 3 of 13
jvhaslup
Star

... should read “IDS/IPS”.
Message 4 of 13
DominicanMacPro
Apprentice

Netgear should have been taken  care of this matter before releasing the product for the price we paid for this  router. Why is it taken so long ? You guys did beta testing but failed to include security protection  come on get it together netgear . Please the hurry the hell up netgear!!! 

Message 5 of 13
Topology
Virtuoso

Another security feature for NETGEAR to consider adding to its RAX-class routers is support for Apple’s Homekit, providing “protection at the router level for your smart home devices” (see here).

Interested forum members may wish to “vote” for this feature enhancement: Homekit for Routers

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem, RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 6 of 13
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Nighthawk AX Community, 

Firmware version 1.0.2.88 now supports NETGEAR Armor. Please update your RAX200 to the following firmware version to get started on Armor!

https://kb.netgear.com/000061900/RAX200-Firmware-Version-1-0-2-88

Best,

Christian

Message 7 of 13
Scottish
Tutor

Is there some docs on Netgear armour. Surprised to see an ids tagged on, would like to read up in it before install
Message 8 of 13
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Scottish, 

Please check out our landing page for more info:

https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor/

Christian 

Message 9 of 13
wase471111
Apprentice

does anyone know how to transffer a armor/orbi subscription to the rax200?  I have almost a year left on my orbi sub, but its impossible to find any info on how to transfer an existing armor sub to a new netgear router

thanks

Message 10 of 13
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi wase471111, 

You may check out this article below to switch your Armor suscription.

https://kb.netgear.com/000060888/How-do-I-switch-my-NETGEAR-Armor-subscription-from-one-NETGEAR-prod...

Christian

Message 11 of 13
wase471111
Apprentice

Is there a way to do it without intervention from Netgear?

I've been waiting 2 days for them to do what they need to, and no reply yet..

thanks

Message 12 of 13
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi wase471111,

I can assist with support reaching out to you if they haven't done so yet. May you send me a private message with your contact info, email address, and the serial number of your devices. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7