× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 WIFI 6 Router

jvhaslup
Star

RAX200 WIFI 6 Router

I recently purchase a new WIFI 6 RAX 200 router, and although I'm more than fine with the performance, I'm somewhat confused as to why this "flagship" router doesn't include and parental or security controls (armour product, vulnerability scanner/IDA OR IDP), like their lesser models. 

Does anyone at NETGEAR know if these features will be added any time soon?  

The individual who I spoke with yesterday, although knowledgeable, was only able to provide sheer conjecture, and thought an update within a year or so ....  really for this amount of $$ ?  

Happy Thanksgiving to all,

Jim 

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX200 WIFI 6 Router

Reason why is the RAX series of routers are a whole new wireless standard. They're getting the firmware with the base features nailed down and running well. 

I'm not an employee but it was similar in the past. Get a router running well and then roll out the extra features.  They usually roll the added features out to beta testers to make sure that issues aren't caused by the added features.

And I can't see them as not adding them as netgear armor, disney circle aren't currently running on them yet and this is a possible revenue stream for netgear/bitdefender/disney.

It'd be nice if everything just worked right away but I'd rather see the base features working well before adding complexity and potential bugs to a new wifi standard and seriers of routers.  

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7