× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX200 system tool states WAN connection good, sadly no internet connection in (W)LAN

dntinus68
Follower

RAX200 system tool states WAN connection good, sadly no internet connection in (W)LAN

Using the RAX200 (2019) for 3 years with the same ISP without problems (ISP = Dutch Telecom KPN with glassfiber modem, router Dutch telecom replaced by RAX200 with VLAN 6). Last months I frequently have problem with disconnecting from Internet on my clients. Only thing changed is a renovation of my kitchen. I am afraid the builders did some uncontrolled switching of power what effected/damaged my router.

A quick solutions is by switching the WAN port on my router (WAN selection - from Internet port to MultiGig-port or vice-versa), the router works again and gives internet to my clients ....for a day or two.

The system-app states WAN connection is good, but my clients states no internet connection.
i did a factory reset, installed last firmware, looked at MAC spoofing, changed cables, ….

looking at the instability, is the router “dead” or can it be fixed? Any suggestions? 
CHEERS

rax200 1.JPG

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX200 system tool states WAN connection good, sadly no internet connection in (W)LAN

it looks like that update just came out in july. It might have just coincided with your renovations. 

Did you try downgrading the firmware a version and doing a factory reset? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7