× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX29 UDP Port Forwarding

Taddeusz2002
Aspirant

RAX29 UDP Port Forwarding

I've recently had to upgrade our router. I have a Nighthawk RAX29 with the latest 1.0.9.92_1 firmware.

I have an Unraid server configured with a WireGuard VPN. This worked flawlessly on our old router. The router doesn't appear to be port forwarding the UDP connection. I also have a TCP port forwarded that's working fine. When I go in to edit my WireGuard port it shows it as TCP even though I've previously selected UDP. Even if I select TCP/UDP when I go back in to edit it still shows TCP is selected.

Message 1 of 5
jagoose
Aspirant

I'm running V1.0.9.92_1 on RAX30 and encountered the same problem.  No matter I chose TCP/UDP or UDP in custom services, the setting always reverted back to TCP!!!

Message 2 of 5
Taddeusz2002
Aspirant

I had to switch browsers. Safari on macOS was not working. I can’t remember which browser ended up working for me so just try different browsers.
Message 3 of 5

@Taddeusz2002 wrote:
I had to switch browsers. Safari on macOS was not working.

Many Netgear manuals say things like:

"This recovery process is supported in Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome browsers, but not in the Safari browser."

Not sure what else it affects.

Message 4 of 5
jagoose
Aspirant

Thanks for your useful advices.  I finally set it using Edge on Windows after trying all different browsers on MacOS, iOS and Android.  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7