× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX30 How to increase UDP timeout for Voip

Skymike
Aspirant

RAX30 How to increase UDP timeout for Voip

I have recently installed RAX30 AX2400 for general use and Voip.  The Voip by Gama is not working correctly and the software supplier advises that the UDP timeout needs to be increased to 300 secs.  I cannot find a relevant setting in the Router and went to Netgear Support who advised ""we do not have an option to increase the UDP timeout".  Can that be correct?  I am not technically proficient enough to know.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Re: RAX30 How to increase UDP timeout for Voip

Unless you gain access to the command line of the RAX30 using telnet & co, it is not possible to change UDP or TCP timeouts.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Try using the routers DMZ for the VoIP device. 

Message 2 of 7
microchip8
Master

Unless you gain access to the command line of the RAX30 using telnet & co, it is not possible to change UDP or TCP timeouts.
Message 3 of 7
Skymike
Aspirant

Firmware is V1.0.10.94_3.  Modem is UK Openreach FTTP ONT, standard UK domestic. VoIP via DECT handsets linked to CISCO ATA192 fed from Router via GS105 switches, cat5e and cat6 cables.

Problem is Game say increase UDP timeout and microchip8 has just messages it can only be dome access to the command line via telnet and that is way outside my payscale.  back to the drawing board, maybe.

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Give the DMZ of the router a try.

Message 5 of 7
Skymike
Aspirant

I appreciate the thought but (a) I am limited by the VoIP software provider; (b) I am not competent to fiddle in the black box ; and (c) I am running a small publishing business here and I am not keen on the potential increased risk in using a DMZ server.  Thanks for taking the time.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

DMZ would only be configured on the NG router. Just as a test to see if it works. 

Risk is low for VoIP devices in the DMZ. Not much to hack there. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7