× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX35 not showing all connected devices

Cru26
Aspirant

RAX35 not showing all connected devices

Just recently picked up a RAX35 and having some issues with it not showing all WiFi connected devices.  For example, I just set up a new Canon printer today via WiFi and it's not showing up.

I do have a WiFi Extender in place (older Asus RT-AC68U in Extender mode), but it's down stairs, while the RAX35 sits about 10 feet from the new printer so I'm hoping it's connecting to it, but I can't tell.

I noticed that I'm also not seeing devices connected via WiFi through the Extender, which doesn't make sense since everything should be registering DHCP leases from the RAX35.

Checked for updates and I'm one version old (v1.0.11.112).  Read the release notes and there's a DHCP fix mentioned, but it's for Comcast IPv6. 

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX35 not showing all connected devices

are you looking in the app or through the browser? 

What modem/gateway is the router connected to?

Message 2 of 4
Cru26
Aspirant

Looked in both app and browser- no difference, same number of clients displayed.

We live in a rural area, so we have a Wireless ISP- not sure on the router they're using, but the RAX35 is the gateway for everything in the house anyway.  The ISP radio doesn't provide any DHCP except to the RAX35 WAN interface.

I should add that I am able to see these hosts on the RT-AC68U that set up as the range extender- but not on the RAX35.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

I've seen numerous issues with ISP's who use wireless broadcast internet. It can cause problems with everything from connections to connected devices lists. I'm not sure what to tell you as I don't have a setup like that to compare with. All I can say is I've seen numerous posts about things like this with broadcast internet and I haven't seen a good solution to it. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7