× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX4 Won't let Devices Connect

Saxonthebeach
Aspirant

RAX4 Won't let Devices Connect

So, I just bought this router, and so far, it has been nothing but problems...

I set it up, per the instructions. WiFi will work in the morning. When I get home, my phone and computer, can see the wifi connection, but neither will connect. It says "Disabled", Not Authenticated", or "Saved", but it will not connect. If I reenter the password, it still won't connect. I know it's just not a smart phone problem. My wife's phone, and both of our laptops do the exact same thing. I have the connection set to "Always On", so I know it's not that either.

If I power cycle the router, then my devices will connect. But I shouldn't have to reset it every night when I get home...

Any insight??
Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
GlassWalker
Aspirant

I’m experiencing the same issue, just on opposite sides of the day. Had the router for three days now, and every morning when I get up I cannot connect wirelessly. On Apple devices, if I turn the WiFi off, and then back on again - with no other input from me - a dialog box informs anyone in the house that the ‘WiFi password is inccorect’.
Now, if I reboot the router, then after its seven-to-eight-minute boot-up, it’s fine, and everything (then) works as intended.

This is coming on the heels of a week-long battle with Cox, wherein their lame contractors (four service calls!) kept feeding me mis/disinformation until an on-payroll Cox Technician came out.

My internet worked fine (and still does), if you take the router out of the equation.

I’m honestly tired of purchasing/exchanging/returning crap to Best Buy (And I’m sure they are too); I’d really just like to purchase a piece of equipment and it work as-advertised.
Message 2 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Saxonthebeach & GlassWalker - If you recently purchased the router, please contact our Support Team using the link below.

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

~Christian 

Message 3 of 8
Saxonthebeach
Aspirant

Tonight I came home and it was working still. I enabled QoS and IPv6 last night when I reset it, and idk if that fixed it, or if I just got lucky tonight.
Message 4 of 8
GlassWalker
Aspirant

Best of luck to you, Sax. I returned mine today to Best Buy.
Message 5 of 8
Saxonthebeach
Aspirant

Mine just disconnected everything again!!! I'll probably return mine too. What a piece of Sh#*!
Message 6 of 8

Looks like they should slap a "beta tester" sticker on the side of these RAX boxes.

But I see no mention here of any firmware version.

Message 7 of 8
Saxonthebeach
Aspirant

Returned tonight. Bought an Asus Blue Cave. 2 minute set up. Works great. Won't buy another Netgear ever...
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7