× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX40 Firmware 1.0.3.80 Crash/Bug Log

itsmehuey
Luminary

ok having major issues trying to access router admin page via browser.. anyone else? any fix? @Christian_R you will need to raise this with your team as a major fault with this firmware release.

Message 376 of 390
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello itsmehuey, 

Thanks for looping me in. Are you still experiencing issues with accessing the admin page via web browser?

Regards,

Christian 

Message 377 of 390
itsmehuey
Luminary

@Christian_R wrote:

Hello itsmehuey, 

Thanks for looping me in. Are you still experiencing issues with accessing the admin page via web browser?

Regards,

Christian 

@Christian_R  yes I am, and if you look through the last couple of replies on this post, you'll notice that many others are as well.

When trying to access the admin console through 192.168.1.1 AND routerlogin.net, the browser redirects to https://www.netgear.com/home/services/routerlogincom/ which states "You may not be connected to your Router’s WiFi network. To access routerlogin.com, your device must be connected to your Router’s WiFi network. Check your current connection and try again."

This makes absolutely no sense as I'm clearly connected to the router in order to access this community via Internet.. The only way I can access the (limited) admin functions is through the Netgear Nighthawk app on my phone.

This is a major flaw.

Message 378 of 390
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello tsmehuey,

May you send me a private message with the following info. I'd like for our support team to reach out.

Email:

Phone:

Preferred Contact Time: (including time zone)

Router Serial Number:

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 379 of 390
Eagle-Two
Apprentice

Hello @itsmehuey,

Under Advanced / Web Services Management, do you have "Always Use HTTPS to Access the Router" enabled?  The redirect from IP to www.routerlogin.net might be related to this setting.

Message 380 of 390
itsmehuey
Luminary

I’m not sure because I cannot access the admin console. Is this set by default? Because I didn’t explicitly set it to enabled.
Message 381 of 390
aoeex
Guide

@itsmehuey 

Try the URL:  https://192.168.1.1:8443/

Alternatively add an entry to your system's hosts file for www.routerlogin.net pointing to your router's IP.

Message 382 of 390
itsmehuey
Luminary

@aoeex wrote:

@itsmehuey 

Try the URL:  https://192.168.1.1:8443/

Alternatively add an entry to your system's hosts file for www.routerlogin.net pointing to your router's IP.

thanks, tried that URL and it didn't work.

Message 383 of 390
RangerX
Apprentice

I had problems with 192.168.1.1 and www.routerlogin.com resolving when I did a factory reset with FW 1.0.3.94. Not sure if the same problem but maybe this will help...

I use a local DNS resolver so my network adapters have an override for DNS pointing to local host instead of defaulting to the router's DNS. This caused accessing the router to fail when trying to access the Admin pages with "401 - not found". The solution was either to add "192.168.1.1 www.routerlogin.net" to my hosts file or to remove the DNS override on my network adapter settings. Then I was able to access the Admin pages and I turned off Local HTTPS in the router. All is fine now access the Admin pages using either IP or www.routerlogin.net and I do not need Hosts override and am using network adapter DNS override again.

Yes the default for Local HTTPS setting is enabled which seems to cause some problems. Might be better for Netgear to set the default to disabled especially when factory reset. I won't comment on my opinion on using a self-signed certificate and the confusion it likely causes for not technical users.

Also see my new post about the new Web Services Management page (which replaced the Remote Access Management page) no longer showing any remote management settings so I can no longer enable Remove access on the router.

Message 384 of 390

I say the option are hiden look at my post it's about QoS but it also hapening for Web Services Management page Screenshot 2021-05-29 200407.png

Message 385 of 390

Message 386 of 390

Message 387 of 390
Vinman911
Aspirant

Man, it took Netgear this long to release an actual fix with 1.0.3.94 !

Now my RAX35 is no longer dropping connectivity having to reboot constantly.

I shelved this unit as it was unusable but updated the firmware when I saw it was available and so far night and day as far as reliablity goes. 

Really Netgear?

Message 388 of 390
Eagle-Two
Apprentice

I upgraded my RAX35 from firmware 1.0.3.88 to 1.0.3.94 a few weeks ago and so far I haven't had any dropped connections. I did have an issue where the firmware update assistant seemed to hang on downloading the new firmware. I refreshed the page and it worked the second time. A few weeks ago I did have an issue where new connections wouldn't connect. Existing connections still worked. I rebooted the router and haven't seen the issue since then.

I tried connecting a variety of devices and only an old Apple device wouldn't connect after enabling WPA2-Personal + WPA3-Personal. It works when just WPA2-Personal is enabled.

I did notice that the "Advanced Setup / Wireless Settings / Enable Router's PIN" option was re-enabled after I made a change on the "Setup / Wireless Setup" page. I disabled "Enable Router's PIN" again and it remains disabled.

Message 389 of 390
Vinman911
Aspirant

I had a bad experience once with my R8000 auto firmware update. Hung and the router would no longer reboot. Had to use TFTP to reload the firmware again. Hence ever since i manaully update and not want to take the chance doing the automated way.

This latest firmware is holding up so far, i have 47 devices connected presently with a mix or wired and wireless (smart appliances, wireless bridge, wireless cameras and kids gaming and video conferencing as well.

Cross fingers! 

Message 390 of 390
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7