× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX40 Nighthawk 5 g connection issue

Say_What
Aspirant

RAX40 Nighthawk 5 g connection issue

I am logged into my Router and see wifi 2.4 g connection, I scroll down to 5 g connection and see it is greyed out. My computer is logged into and wifi connected to the 2.4 g connection. I cannot get the 5 g connection to even show as Network. I was fiddling with the Netgear Nighthawk app and some how messed up the 5 g network. I have re booted the modum and Netgear router several times. 2.4 is working so not all is lost, just 5 g. Help

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Say_What
Aspirant

Thank you for reaching out on a Sunday! I had a device listed that was not my phone name that was blocked. When I checked my phones IP and Mac address that was the device that was mis labeled and blocked. I renamed it and unblocked it and wala my phone is connected. You deserve a pay raise, promotion and 2 week all expenses vacation anywhere in the world! Have a great day!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
Say_What
Aspirant

Looks like I might have combined 2.4 G and 5 G on one network. Netgear Nighthawk app speed test on computer shows Download 464.91, Up load 23.16, and Ping 29 MS. The only problem I have is connecting my Android Pixel 5 phone. I see my Pixel 5 is not listed as a device on my network. Seems all I need to do is a my device?

Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

so yes, smart connect does combine the ssids for the 2.4ghz and 5ghz signal. 

The devices can switch between the 2 networks. 

It shouldn't stop your pixel 5 from joining the network at all. 

What error are you getting? 

Are you using any special characters in the ssid/password? If so, I'd remove them. 

Message 3 of 6
Say_What
Aspirant

Never mind I figured it out. Pixel 5 phone update changed my settings. I drilled down and everything is working on one network with 2.4 and 5 G combined in smart mode. 

Message 4 of 6
Say_What
Aspirant

Thank you for reaching out on a Sunday! I had a device listed that was not my phone name that was blocked. When I checked my phones IP and Mac address that was the device that was mis labeled and blocked. I renamed it and unblocked it and wala my phone is connected. You deserve a pay raise, promotion and 2 week all expenses vacation anywhere in the world! Have a great day!

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

For your future needs, Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk RAX WiFi 6 Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH router products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7