× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX40 Wifi Connection Issues with Multiple Devices from Various Manufacturers

kino70hk
Initiate

Re: RAX40 Wifi Connection Issues with Multiple Devices from Various Manufacturers

Same problem here. No problem when there were only a few devices connected. However, when everyone in my family using their devices, both wireless and wired, the router will drop everything and then back on after awhile.

I am using a 1000M broadband services and was hoping to maximize our internet performance by upgrade the router to RAX40 from a R7000. I was wrong and it is so frustrated as this issue is happening everyday. My router is only a few months old and I have been keeping the firmware up to dated.

If problem still exist in the next few weeks, I will switch to another band for sure. 

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 51 of 56
alanhoyeah
Aspirant

totally agree with you, I am having similar issue, which make me reboot the router twice a day :@

Message 52 of 56
Tony3326
Aspirant

Out of goodwill, my ISP replaced it with ASUS AX1800 ( cheaper than Netgear) FOC. My entire family is happy now 🙂

Netgear lost a customer forever.

Message 53 of 56
itsmehuey
Luminary

I honestly don't understand how Netgear can leave their customers hanging like this for so long, leaving a FAULTY firmware available on their support page and also not providing their users with transparent updates on what they're doing to resolve it...  if anyone has access to the beta version of the newest update, please share with the community 🙂

Message 54 of 56
Mickatroid
Aspirant

I just took mine back to the shop after a couple of weeks.  Very unreliable WiFi.  WiFi popped out of existence randomly or would stop parsing the internet with the solution being a power cycle ever day or so.  Sometimes more.  A seven year old laptop would only see the SSIDs or connect at all with AX off.  My mobile data took a hit because reconnection after being away was pot luck.

I am, and remain a fan of Netgear products and I am confident it will get sorted out in the long run.  However, with wifi being necessary for work, and with security being an issue, I could neither wait or attempt rolling back the firmware.  Of course it may have been a hardware issue or something too.

Now have an RAX50 which I believe is based around different hardware and should have different (or hopefully no) problems.

Good luck with it all netgear 🙂   New standards are always tricky stuff.

Message 55 of 56
Mickatroid
Aspirant

Just reporting in, the RAX50 has been an entirely different experience. It is good in every way.  This suggests that the problems I was having with the RAX40 were not of the PEBCAK variety.  Even with the significant increase in processor power it runs cooler too (it is not very noticably warm.) 

I was going to do this as a little edit to my post but it does not seem to be a thing here.

Message 56 of 56
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7